Flowcode v9.3 released

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v9 Flowcode v9.3 released

Post by Steve-Matrix »

A new core update to Flowcode v9 has been released which fixes a few bugs and adds support for our new BL0058 ESP E-Block.

Most users will be asked to install this update when Flowcode is launched. If you are not offered the update, please ensure "Check for core updates on launch" is ticked in the "Application" tab of Flowcode's Global Settings and then restart Flowcode.

This v9.3 release includes the following major changes to the core files since v9.2:
  • Cosmetic pin names with spaces now work by ignoring text after space for their variable name
  • IOC interrupt pins are now disabled by default
  • Fixed display of chip (for selecting IOC pins) in dark theme
  • Charts in deployed App Developer apps can show and export graph data via right-click menu
  • String initialisers and constants now work correctly in simulation
  • Global variables within components are now initialised when simulation starts
  • Added Ghost support for BL0058 ESP E-Blocks upstream board
  • BL0058 ESP E-Block added to list of free targets
  • In resize mode, components on panels are moved unless appropriate 'handle' is not dragged
  • Fixed crash (deadlock issue) when programmatically changing the type of the 2d shape component
  • Fixed a bug with free version icon limits
  • Macro lists on ribbon now correctly update when a new macro is created via the interrupt dialog
  • Added message to say that enabling the 3d panel orthographic mode is temporary
  • Fixed a bug with rubber-band selection of components on panels
  • Filenames with non-Latin characters now opened correctly from command line (NOTE: this requires full reinstallation using the main download link)
Please reply to this thread if you have any problems installing this update.

WingNut

Re: Flowcode v9.3 released

Post by WingNut »

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it has had a neg affect on my program. using a 2004 display there are strange characters appearing, three pushbuttons no longer work and it has stopped me developing beyond the first stage of a menu system that i had developed and which has been working great for some months.
I'm using windows 11 in case that affects anything.

**Update - just reverted to my old laptop with windows 10 and its the same

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Can you please share your program or at least give me some screenshots so I can see what's going on. If you don't want to publicly share, send me via PM.

Have you also updated the library files? I know a few issues with the buttons that also require a fix to the components.

And if you can isolate any problems and present a simple replicable project then it is much easier for me to try to fix.

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

I've PM'd my file Steve

Update - i checked for library updates and downloaded 2 that became available and that seems to sorted the problem

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Post by mnfisher »

There is an issue using CAL SPI where the properties (Prescaler here) are promoted to the panel properties.
This is 'fixable' if you have the source and can go into the CAL_SPI properties but not if you don't (in components for example)
cal spi 1.fcfx
(9.36 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
cal spi 2.fcfx
(9.59 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
cal spi 3.fcfx
(9.6 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
A simple example - import CAL SPI in an Arduino program (cal spi 1) - I've promoted Prescale to the panel properties - then convert to ESP 32 (saved as cal spi 2) then change back to Arduino (3) - Prescale in panel properties still has 80MHz etc

The CAL_SPI properties are correct (fosc/4 etc) - but the 'promoted' property seems 'stuck'

Not sure this is a new issue to 9.3?

Though only way I've found to fix is to delete the property in the panel properties and then promote to top level again from CAL_SPI (but this only works if you have the source - doesn't work for components - some XML editing might be in order?)

MArtin

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

WingNut wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:35 pm
Update - i checked for library updates and downloaded 2 that became available and that seems to sorted the problem
I'm glad that sorted the problem. Thanks for letting us know.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

mnfisher wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:16 pm
There is an issue using CAL SPI where the properties (Prescaler here) are promoted to the panel properties.

Not sure this is a new issue to 9.3?
I suspect this isn't a new problem to v9.3, but thanks for letting us know and I'll look into it after the weekend.

ctksfc

Post by ctksfc »

Good Morning - HOW can we find out what version FC9 we have ?? I remember seeing the 9.2 core update being installed but NOT 9.3 - thanks in advance.

Jarle

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

There is a "?" button in the top-right of Flowcode that will pop up a window with the version details.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Click on the purple question mark at top right of screen and that will bring up version details.

Regards

EDIT

Seems Steve beat me to the draw...:)