Flowcode Exchange

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
mnfisher
Valued Contributor
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: Flowcode Exchange

Post by mnfisher »

Hi, I've pm'd you a copy of the component too..

Martin

We could perhaps donate all the various components - if there was a suitable 'repository' on this site? (though Peter would need to agree to this for the components he wrote)

Sergejs

Post by Sergejs »

I may buy EB066 Generic GSM for my Flowcode 9 , used in good condition. Have any?

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

The Flowcode Exchange was for buying / selling / donating components created by forum members and not for hardware. Maybe someone will have a module you are after and reply. If not then you can easily connect a SIM800L module (available from all the usual markets) and control using v9. If you do a search on this and the "old" forum you will find many examples of using the module.

Regards

Sergejs

Post by Sergejs »

chipfryer27 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:19 pm
you can easily connect a SIM800L module
But I have SIM800C. Is there some problems like software errors if I will use it instead SIM800L?

kersing
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Have you checked the data sheets to see what the differences between the modules are?

Sergejs

Post by Sergejs »

Buy the way. I found low cost m590e gsm gprs module on Ebay.com for GSM 2G using. Is it supported like Simcom Ltd. production?

Sergejs

Post by Sergejs »

kersing wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:01 pm
Have you checked the data sheets to see what the differences between the modules are?
There is AT commands same like SIM800L. But I ask more about hardware differences. May be there will be a problems with it. I try it to use and in simply project it works correctly. But if my GSM module will work 24/7 in this case what can happen?

kersing
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Again, have you checked the data sheets? Do any of the listed differences impact your application?

When it comes to 24/7 operation, make sure there is a way to reset the hardware if it does not perform as expected. That goes for all hardware, not just sim800 modules. And use the hardware watchdog of your controller to make sure it recovers if something unforeseen happens.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

This link briefly explains the differences between L/C/F variants. As Kersing mentions, check with the datasheets though as often things change.

https://www.raviyp.com/difference-betwe ... m-modules/

Also take note of what Kersing talks about regarding WDT and resets, especially if the module is to be remote from user. The AT command set is quite powerful so you can perform various checks to ensure you are connected etc.

It has been stated before in posts but is worth mentioning again as it is quite critical to successful operation, that you must ensure an adequate power supply. Don't try and use jumpers from breadboards whilst testing as you are just asking for trouble. You need around 4v at up to 2A (briefly) for reliable operation, but no higher than 4.4v or you risk damage.

I've not deployed one as such but I've tested using one over a period of a week or so. PIC would wake up, connect via the module and send some data. If I remember correctly I used the PIC to power the SIM800 via a FET when needed. I also used it to Tx/Rx SMS messages but obviously the module was on 24/7 for such.

It is a 2G module and many providers are already shutting down 2G and 3G services. In the UK Vodafone announced they will continue to support 2G until 2033 so best to check you are in a service area where you will deploy.

Regards

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Regarding the m590e module, I don't think it is directly compatible with SIM800 "AT" commands but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure the ones to use.

Regards