screen display issue (scaling on hi res?)

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
tonyd
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

screen display issue (scaling on hi res?)

Post by tonyd »

Hi

I have just installed v9 for a demo and the screen labels overlap. (see attachment) I am using 3840x2160 @ 125% scale. Is there something I can do to sort the display out? I have tried reducing the res, but that had no effect.

Thanks

tony
Attachments
screen shot of display issues
screen shot of display issues
2021-11-11.png (139.26 KiB) Viewed 1351 times

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: screen display issue (scaling on hi res?)

Post by Steve-Matrix »

tonyd wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:51 am
I am using 3840x2160 @ 125% scale.
Hi Tony,

I'm also using those settings but I do not have this issue and Flowcode is displaying correctly. I have noticed that Windows sometimes does not correct these DPI settings immediately. Have you tried restarting your PC?

If there is still a problem then you could try editing the DPI or compatibility settings for Flowcode itself. To do this, right-click the FlowcodeV9.exe file (in the "data" subfolder of your Flowcode installation) and try "run compatibility troubleshooter" in the "compatibility" tab. The "change high DPI settings" button in the same tab also has some options you could try.

I know when I first started using Flowcode on a high-DPI monitor the text was similar to what you are showing, but IIRC Windows fixed the issue without me needing to do anything. That said, I might be forgetting something and perhaps I did change some of the settings mentioned above.

Please let us know how you get on and if the problem gets resolved. And if you get no joy with the suggestions above then let me know and I will try to help.

Regards,
Steve.

tonyd

Re: screen display issue (scaling on hi res?)

Post by tonyd »

Hi Steve

That was interesting. When I ran the compatibility tool it wanted to run in Windows 8 compatible mode. I tested that and it solved the overlapping text boxes , but the text was tiny. I plugged my laptop into an external monitor which switched the display to 2560x1440 @125% and that , together with W8 compatible mode sorted it out

thanks

tony