Divide the forum in target devices?

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
MJU20
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Divide the forum in target devices?

Post by MJU20 »

Not all devices have the same problems or questions about it.
Wouldn't it be good to divide the forum in the different MCU families?

Specific questions about the specific devices could be put in their own subforum, general questions could be in the general forum.

I find it hard to use the search engine for a specific target device.

SpeedPIC32

Re: Divide the forum in target devices?

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

hello,
Good idea
you could subdivide even more into software and hardware
MJU20 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:09 pm
Not all devices have the same problems or questions about it.
Wouldn't it be good to divide the forum in the different MCU families?

Specific questions about the specific devices could be put in their own subforum, general questions could be in the general forum.

I find it hard to use the search engine for a specific target device.
With kind regards
SpeedPic32

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Divide the forum in target devices?

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Thanks for the suggestion.

The old forums had many different sub-forums for different product versions and different types of posts, but this did not necessarily make things easier. For example, it is impossible to force users to post in the appropriate section and it makes moderation of the forum (for which we are indebted to our much-appreciated VCs) a more difficult task.

It is also difficult for a user to understand the cause of their issue. For example, is it a general Flowcode (exe) problem or something wrong with a specific component or chip definition?

Personally, I think the forum search is currently good enough to see if a question has been asked before or to find posts about specific chip families (etc).

We do discuss how to organise the forum often and there are always different advantages and disadvantages for the different options. I will ask those who help run this forum what they think.