flowcode comments

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
WingNut
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

flowcode comments

Post by WingNut »

A nice feature would be the ability to colour code the comments that you type in - so you can prioritise them as you develop your code then you could convert them to plain text as you solve a problem. I use the comments to remind me of my thinking as I go along and quite often the original thinking is incorrect

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: flowcode comments

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Thanks for the suggestion. You can colour-code individual icons but not comments. I will see what we can do.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I spend some time today looking into this and in v10 you will be able to override the default text colour of the icons. But I'd like to make you aware of another new feature coming in v10 that might be better for you - the "TODO list".

This will be a new tab in the "icon Lists" pane which automatically keeps track of comments that start with "TODO:". This includes "display name" entries, Comment icons and comments within C code and Calculation icons. Once you have completed or solved the issue, simply remove the "TODO" prefix from the comment and it will automatically be removed from the list.

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Nice. Look forward to seeing that in action