Font!

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
BenR
Matrix Staff
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: Font!

Post by BenR »

Hi Jorgen,

It should be there with the other component macros. Please let me know if not.
Macro.png
Macro.png (31.48 KiB) Viewed 4914 times

solozerouno

Please Font Problem!!!

Post by solozerouno »

i will be crazy but using Arduino or now ESP32 which have a large amount of memory to me the fact that the code is compacted to use little RAM makes no sense ....it is possible to add a macro that calls up every time I print something to enlarge or reduce the character chosen in the font properties ....or if it is easier maybe use the old system used in flc8 which was so convenient, maybe including the element in flc8 so as to use its properties on large or small fonts to print every time ....if it were possible also having flc8 like me take the specific file and add it in the display components so as to see it with a different name .... my display is ILI9163C with ARDUINO and ESP 32 WROOM. please without a change to the font as I have written to you several times I am absolutely firm with my project. You should find a solution to my problem of writing a large font and also a small font on the display as it was in flc8 .... I know I am asking a lot but try to help me. thanks Alessandro.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,

The solution we now have in place in v9 should be vastly superior to v8. You can do everything you could do in v8 with the added bonus of having up to 4 different font sets in your program that each can be scaled up or down on the fly.

Let us know what you're trying to do and I'll see if I can help.

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

Sorry what does climbed mean? Does it mean, for example, that I set a word to X and then when writing a second word I write it independently to Y maybe 3 times bigger than X? I don't understand what you wrote, however my project inside a circle must have a number starting from 50 and with a punsante it reaches 0; beside a word "AUTO" with a smaller character than the numbers inside the circle; underneath an inscription in even smaller font "PER" e"NORMAL"; below again the schematic drawing of a battery ....now understand the problem of large numbers and two series of fonts of different sizes ..... Thanks and let me know how I can solve my problem (I add that with flc8 I could do it I used Arduino and ILI9163C and everything was ok .... now I use ESP32 WROOM and on flc8 I don't have it ....).
Alessandro.

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

Sorry BUTTON.!

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,

Here's a quick example showing 2 different fonts and 2 different scalings.
GLCD_Font_Demo.fcfx
(11.96 KiB) Downloaded 178 times

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

It would be useful for me the SetFontScaler also for ILI9163C that I use with Arduino and ESP32 WROOM and maybe to use this "trick" for all displays that need a SetFontScaler for different sized characters.
Thanks Alessandro.

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

I tried the example but the simulation crashes on the new Setfontscaler command and I can’t see the effect of the scaling font.
Thanks Alessandro.

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

You did a great job;
accomplishments!!
Alessandro

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi Alessandro

I take it from your last message your up and running now. Yes the program would maybe have crashed if you still had the old stock components.

Hopefully all glcd components should have been updated with the new functionality now. I'm happy with it but please let me know if you find any problems or require any additional fonts.