HB100 radar!

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
jgu1
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: HB100 radar!

Post by jgu1 »

Yes certanly Martin. Try to increase tomorrow and you get the result :D

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi MArtin!

I have make lot of test.

I test with SimularValue, changing down from 10 up to 60. And how can I explain, little difficult :D
First we must take into account, the HB100 is a cheap device.

The lower the SimularValue is the lower the gain on the amplifier have to be adjustet. This mean proportional to low gain the fewer pulses come in and the vehicles must be closer, still sometime other value i display ect. if a vehichle drive with 50km/h, the first I see could be 85kn/h and then the correct speed 48km/h and last maybe 20km/h.

The higher I set the SimularValue it seemed to be more stable, but then to have to set the gain of the amplifier much higher, and when I do this and I suppose the program need this to have more samples. And the last measurement stay on the display until next car pass the HB100.

I don´t think we come closer. When you will start measurement I recoment use SimularValue between 50 - 60 find a good angle and adjust the amplifier until you see a stable and correct speed, and not have nothing else in the front of the radar is moving, disturb, and at last, you can only measure on one vehichle at the time, good distance between the object you want to measure the speed of. I think the accuracy is good + - 3 - 4%.

I can only recommend trying and assembling the amplifier (PCB) and get some experience with it. It is some how fascinating to see a car come driving and can measure the speed :D

I hope this make sense ;)

Br Jorgen

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Jorgen.
Thanks for your comments, they are interesting.
I will be making up the amplifier when I get a chance.
I can then test it for myself.
Martin