Bug´s!

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
jgu1
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: Bug´s!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

I have tryed some a couple of times to "wakeup call" and ask about this issiue, but have not heard from you, do I have to understand it, there is nothing more to do or you do not have time or not want to do more about it, if so, I apologize and I will I'll probably stop bothering you. :) My deepest wish was if you would fix Ili9488. No matter what I do I have no luck with SPI mode.

Br Jorgen

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi!

I kindly, kindly ask again, please, is it possible to get at least the ili9488 spi to work , or am I “totally locked out” in that case, please let me know, please, kindly request.

Br Jorgen.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi Jorgen,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'll have a dig and see if I can lay my hands on a ili9488 display for you.

To save me reading back through the thread, did this specific display work in v8?

Do you have a link to the specific display you're using?

Edit: I've managed to dig out one of these so will have a go with it today for you. It's the parrallel version so the SPI version may differ.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123095177173

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Seems to work though the colour inversion needs investigation.

I'll also compare the SPI version just in case there are any obvious differences.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Ok I've fixed the colour problem in the parrallel and SPI versions of the component using a new property to allow the colour to be inverted. Not only were the pixel states inverted but the red and blue channels were also reversed, hopefully this isn't just a quirk of my specific display. These display driver ICs have far too many options.

I've had more of a look at the SPI version but can't spot anything too obvious, things seem to match up quite well.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Thank you very much Ben. I make a test and see if something change. You hear :D

Br Jorgen

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi again!

I have made a test, but sorry, only little change. I see now approx. 70% of the screen is darker than the rest.

For quick test and easy connection for a while ago I have made a short cable with connector so it is plug and play between the ESP32 and ILI9341. It work fine with ILI9341. The pin connection for the ILI9488 SPI is equal to ILI9341, so I am sure that the connection is ok.

During test I by coincidentally connected the ILI9341 to the connector with the ILI9488 programmed in the ESP32 and wupti I see the tekst in the display ILI9341 with my testprogram for ILI9488 ?, but the text doesn´t fit to the screen and the bagground is blue and not red as I set to 255.

Does this help in anyway or give a lead?

Br Jorgen
Attachments
Ili9488.fcfx
(11.4 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi Jorgen,

Do you have a link to the exact display you're using and I'll see if I can get my hands on one.

Does the display backlight come on or could it be a backlighting issue?

Also are you only testing a single display? Could there potentially be a problem with it? Just trying to think outside the box a bit.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

Thank you for fast reply!

Yes the backligth work. I feel that you are sure the program work, you have a point regarding maybe display errors. I bought two, both behave alike. I bought them on Ebay, same seller, so we never know?.

Will it be ok if I send one to you that you can test with and when finish you can just keep it or throw it away? :D Meanwhile I try to buy a new one.

Br Jorgen