Q about the thermistor component

Post and discuss new components that you have created.
WingNut
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Q about the thermistor component

Post by WingNut »

The default thermistor component appears to be a positive coefficient thermistor. How do i change the component to use a negative coefficient thermistor? Is it as simple as entering the resistance values to suit the one I have or is there more required?
Im using what I think is a vishay thermistor which is 10k at 25 deg but I'm having difficulty finding a table which shows the resistance at the different temperatures. Dont know where i got them but its all i have atm so if anyone has a table Id be grateful if you would share. I have the attached datasheet but its not easy to interpret

Also how can i get my display to show the deg symbol ° (alt 248) its just showing 3 horizontal lines in both simulate and display?

N
Attachments
2630944.pdf
(220.85 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

WingNut

Re: Q about the thermistor component

Post by WingNut »

For anyone else info, and probably my misunderstanding, the pull up or pull down property determines the type of thermistor

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,
Also how can i get my display to show the deg symbol ° (alt 248) its just showing 3 horizontal lines in both simulate and display?
Hopefully this should be implemented now with the latest component updates, what GLCD font are you using?

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

To be honest Ben i just implemented your solution with the hex values as Im still trying to work out something for the st7735 display and managed to get sucked into another working circuit allbeit a very slow display update (14secs). Still fiddling with the ili9163 macros you sent me