Page 1 of 2
Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:14 am
by ahmetimanli
How can I connect my Curiosity Nano PIC 18F47K42 device? When I connect it via USB, it doesn't appear in the programming port list. I also want to use it for debugging. I tried with Pickit 5 as well, but it didn't work. I would appreciate your help.
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:26 am
by chipfryer27
Hi
Not used it, but I would start by seeing if it appears under device manager. Perhaps Port or USB devices?
Regards
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:39 pm
by ahmetimanli
In Device Manager, under Microchip Tools, I see it listed as "Curiosity Data Gateway". It also appears as "USB Serial Device 11" in Device Manager.
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:47 pm
by chipfryer27
Hi
Anything related under Ports?
Regards
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:55 pm
by chipfryer27
Hi
Does the green power / status LED illuminate when you plug in? I'm guessing yes as your PC is "seeing" the board.
I don't use MPLAB (very much) but it is supposed to automatically recognise the nano development board. You could perhaps try and open the IDE menu and then go to the Window > Kit Window and force a rescan of connected boards?
Have you tried a different USB cable / port?
Regards
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 7:50 am
by ahmetimanli
merhaba.işlemciyi pic18f47k42 olarak seçiyorum.boş bir program yüklemeye çalışıyorum.derleme sonucunda
Error returned from [xc8.exe]
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV11\FCD\PIC\batch\pic_xc8_comp.bat reported error code 0x1
hatası veriyor.sanki işlemciyi hiç tanımıyor.
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:28 am
by chipfryer27
Hi
Via Google Translate from Turkish
Hello. I am selecting the PIC18F47K42 as the processor and trying to load an empty program. Upon compilation, it returns the following error:
Error returned from [xc8.exe]
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV11\FCD\PIC\batch\pic_xc8_comp.bat reported error code 0x1
It is as if it doesn't recognize the processor at all.
Which version of Flowcode ae you using? I ask as older versions may not support your chip.
Regards
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 9:09 am
by ahmetimanli
I'm using Flowcode v11 Pro. I upgraded to version v11 specifically for debugging and troubleshooting. Shouldn't Flowcode v11 automatically recognize the Curiosity Nano board? I think it should be like the Arduino Uno. When I plug it into the USB port, it should be recognized so I can install programs and use the debugging features.
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 9:35 am
by chipfryer27
Hi
The board is supported in Flowcode v11. Does Flowcode offer a programming port option to select for it (Build > Project Options) ?

- Screenshot 2026-10-04 093434.jpg (71.25 KiB) Viewed 48 times
If not then your PC isn't recognising it. Any yellow exclamation marks under Device Manager or the like?
Regards
Re: Curiosity Nano pic18f47k42 does not work .
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 9:58 am
by ahmetimanli
I'm using Flowcode v11 Pro. I upgraded to version v11 specifically for debugging and troubleshooting. Shouldn't Flowcode v11 automatically recognize the Curiosity Nano board? I think it should be like the Arduino Uno. When I plug it into the USB port, it should be recognized so I can install programs and use the debugging features.