Serial woes

Use this section to discuss your embedded Flowcode projects.
secsfcagain
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Serial woes

Post by secsfcagain »

Hey all. I am trying to put together an arduino Uno small project that sends data out either a serial or USB type serial so I can see it on a terminal. However if I put a serial component or a usb slave component on the 2d form I can compile it. But as soon as I add a component macro like initialise to the app I cant compile it

C:\Users\61488\Downloads\Flowcodetestcomms.h:371:20: fatal error: config.h: No such file or directory

At the moment I am using the free version. I paid for a copy way back at version 6 and seem to remember comms stuff also needed a licence. IS that still the case?

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: Serial woes

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

All components are now free, you just need to purchase chip packs for those not included as "free", and any required license if not for hobby use. Have you downloaded all toolchains and set their location in Global Properties?

Regards

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hello
The serial component you want for Uno is
Component Libraries > Comms > Comms Interface: > UART (RS232) [2D]
If after using that component, you still have an issue then can you post your .fcfx .c and .msg.txt files

To do that you will need to select Full Editor & Preview and then click on the Attachments tab.
Martin

secsfcagain

Post by secsfcagain »

I will do the files part but I have been taking a bit more of a look at the error and it keeps complaing about a config.h file. I did a search of the forums and see it is mentioned in a couple of places. I also did unistall and reinstall. I can recreate the issue even if I start a new project and dont put anything else in the project which is what I will do now to create the issue.