PIC18 extended instruction set was enabled but is not supported by this compiler

Use this section to discuss your embedded Flowcode projects.
lowo
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

PIC18 extended instruction set was enabled but is not supported by this compiler

Post by lowo »

ATS-5S18F46K22.c:37:45: error: (1504) the PIC18 extended instruction set was enabled but is not supported by this compiler

I have the license installed but still cant get the PIC18F46K22 to compile. I am getting the above error.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: PIC18 extended instruction set was enabled but is not supported by this compiler

Post by medelec35 »

Hello.
Select Build > Project Optiuons...
Change Extended Instruction Set Enable bit to Disabled
Are you sure you want Single-Supply ICSP enable bit on Enabled
If via ISCP and the programmer has a VPP connection, then you will need to change it to Disabled as well.
Also, disable your Watchdog Timer Enable bits unless you want it enabled?
If you do you will need to have Auto clear watchdog ticked under Other Options
The First thig I would recommend is create a one sec flash timer to check hardware is working as expected.
I have moved this topic as it has nothing to do with PIC compiler toolchain is not installed
Martin

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: PIC18 extended instruction set was enabled but is not supported by this compiler

Post by Steve-Matrix »

lowo wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:14 am
ATS-5S18F46K22.c:37:45: error: (1504) the PIC18 extended instruction set was enabled but is not supported by this compiler

I have the license installed but still cant get the PIC18F46K22 to compile. I am getting the above error.
The "Extended Instruction Set" bit is set in the config word for that device. You will need to set it to "disabled" in the "configure" sections of the Project Options screen.

lowo

Post by lowo »

100% Appreciation. Thankyou very much. It worked.