Suggestion for licensing view / component view in project explorer

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
RGV250
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Suggestion for licensing view / component view in project explorer

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
I am new to this (Flowcode) so this may be obvious to the old hands here. I revisited a project (power monitor Modbus) I looked at a while ago but I could not understand it where I thought I did before.
The upshot is that I looked at it during the free evaluation period and then purchased Comm C pack required for the Modbus component, when I revisited it things did not look right but I could not work out what was wrong.
I looked at the licensing and it showed Comm A & C but it was only when I looked at "View" I realised the Comm C licence had not been installed.
What I am suggesting is when looking at Licensing it shows if the pack/license is installed on the machine, also in the project explorer it should show that there is no licence installed for the components etc. It would have saved me a lot of grey hair.

Regards,
Bob

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Suggestion for licensing view / component view in project explorer

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion. "Attaching" a licence to Flowcode is currently a manual process, but we are looking at ways to automatically attach a licence to Flowcode once it has been bought.

Components are currently identified as unlicensed in the component lists in the ribbon and you should not be able to add these to a project. But I suppose an existing project might contain unlicensed components when you load it. I will look into how we can identify components that are unlicensed in existing projects.

RGV250

Re: Suggestion for licensing view / component view in project explorer

Post by RGV250 »

Hi Steve,
I think that was the problem, I experimented in the trial period and then later opened it and the component was there but no settings etc which really screwed with my poor little brain cell.

Bob