ESP32 - Reusing example source - Esp32-Camera

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
mnfisher
Valued Contributor
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: ESP32 - Reusing example source - Esp32-Camera

Post by mnfisher »

Thanks - have had a happy afternoon watching this one. Not sure where the other has been - but they are very hard to spot unless they move...

Almost makes up for this morning - water board turned up looking for a leak :cry: - reckon 60L per min have been coming out somewhere - so now have a long blue pipe from the 'main' to an outside tap...

Martin

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

That looks like a long eared owl. You're blessed. Lovely bird lovely photo. Quite rare

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

I was keen to have a go with this so I bought the chip pack but it fails to compile. I have no idea what the error is being an esp noob
Any pointers Martin?
Attachments
examples(1).msg.txt
(7.38 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Martin!

First thank´s for your sharing, very interesting :D I am at the moment waiting in the airport and of course looking in FC forum, then I discover your test with the camera, read a little bit, before take off, and emediately order a couble these module. Honest, I have absolute no experience with this, so maybe stupid question. In the first examble I suppose the camera is take a photo every second, I guess you not are using SD card, how do you get the picture to your PC? In the next examble you use a SD card, so this I understand. Is it possible to send the picture via wifi to the PC or via BT, could be nice to sit in the living room an see what happen in the garden :lol: Not study all your exable yet, I will do.

Thank´s in advance.

Jorgen

LeighM
Valued Contributor

Post by LeighM »

I was keen to have a go with this so I bought the chip pack but it fails to compile. I have no idea what the error is being an esp noob
Try renaming examples(1).fcfx to examples1.fcfx

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Leigh!

Well ok, Thank’ for info. Now I bougth them, I’ll give it a go, otherwice I maybe can use them for other purpose :D

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I'd forgotten about this post as I was travelling around that time.

Last night I downloaded the second post of "examples" from above, which being named the same as the first post, became examples(1), which I didn't notice at the time. As Leigh mentions, this won't compile with parenthesis so I saved as something else. Unfortunately whilst compiling to Hex it failed well into the process.

However as I'd forgotten about the post I'd forgotten the first post in which Martin informs he's getting espressif code to run within FC and you have to download the camera source from github.

Well worth reading from first post.

Regards

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Thanks and very true. Long winded to get it to work.
I loaded a program via arduino ide to test it. Point of note - dont try to program via arduino with sd card inserted, doesnt seem to like it