FC9 import to V10

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
p.erasmus
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 FC9 import to V10

Post by p.erasmus »

Hi Team,

I appologise as I am not so sure how the new panel structure is working in v10 however I have a application which was originaly coded in v8 then later upgraded and maintained in v9 now I have to do some changes to the application and tried to import it into v10 (it is an MIAC application)

importing the application into v10 no issue seen however before I do any changes I tried to compile the Fc chart to makesure all is as it should be then I got an warning as below

P1.jpg
P1.jpg (48.02 KiB) Viewed 1180 times

I then checked the can0 properties and it seems the pins are connected as below

P2.jpg
P2.jpg (43.61 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
MIAC_Slave_SA_DEMO.rar
(10.26 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

I noticed in v10 the MIAC is 3D panel component now and the import placed it on the 2D panel not sure if this is causing the error/warning
I also attch the original v9 FC Chart

Thanks as always ,not a big issue for me I can use v9 to do what I need to do however thought I will just mention this
:D
Regards Peter - QME Electronics

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: FC9 import to V10

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Regarding the panels, Flowcode v6 and later had two types: "3D Systems Panel" and "2D Dashboard Panel". These were both actually 3D panels (displayed using OpenGL), but the 2D panel camera was fixed so it appeared as 2D. In v9 we introduced true 2d (GDI-based) objects to this 2D panel, but this was a compromise because the 2D and 3D technologies do not mix well.

In v10 we have introduced new 2D panels which are truly 2D (GDI) in nature, and for new projects the old "2D Dashboard" panel is not available. Components are now either "2D" or "3D".

However, when opening an old v9 project which uses the old "2D Dashboard" panel in v10, this panel becomes available. This is to support older v9 projects and help with the transition to v10. This old "2D Dashboard" panel is also referred to as "Legacy 2D Panel".

In your project, you are seeing components on this old "legacy" 2D panel. And this panel has some oddities in that is can display both 2D and 3D components. But there are compromises and we do not recommend using it in v10 if you can move away from it.

I hope that explains about the panels.

I do not see the connection error message when trying to compile your project. I don't know why it works for me but not for you.

p.erasmus

Post by p.erasmus »

Hi Steve,
Thank you for the explenation ,
I agree with it would be better to move to the new v10 however the project is based on the support FC chart from Matrix as it is a MIAC slave (with Labview)project that means that from the MATRIX FC chart for MIAC the Components are placed on the 2D panel and now became the 2D legacy panel.

if I would start a new project based on the MIAC Slave supporting FC chart then I will have the same issue how can I use the base FC Miac Slave FC chart and move the MIAC component over to the new 2D or 3D panel ,in the library MIAC show as a 3D panel component ,I suppose I should then move it over to the 3D panel.

Sorry for my confusion however I would like to get the MIAC slave basic chart from Matrix converted as I have a couple of MIAC in the field that needs updateing :)

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I don't think we have plans to recreate the MIAC components as 'true' 2D components and so you will need to use them on a 3D panel (either the 3D panel or the 2D legacy panel). I think they should work in v10 as they do in v9, so if there are any specific issues we can deal with those as they arise.

p.erasmus

Post by p.erasmus »

Hi Steve,

I think you miss my question I am not asking if you will make 2D Miac components ,I asked how to move it from the 2D panel to the 3D panel as your MATRIX FC Chart for MIAC Slave (made by matrix in v8 ) the MIAC Component is placed in the 2D panel therefore I have to now take that old V8 FC chart and move the MIAC from the 2D to the 3D panel

Here is the original MATRIX FC chart for MIAC slave with LAbview in v8 you will see MATRIX placed the components on the 2D panel ,I need now to move this to the 3D panel in v10 and use it as the future base for my MIAC project ,
Hope I could explain my problem.
MIAC (PIC) USB Slave Source V8.fcfx
(63.78 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Thanks for your patcience with me :)

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Thanks for the explanation. :)

It seems like the MIAC component uses mostly 3D components but the display is a 2D component. So the MIAC component will work on the "Legacy 2D Panel" but will not on either the 3D panel or the new 2D panel(s).

So I think the MIAC component will need to stay on the Legacy 2D panel. I have moved the other components to a 'normal' 2D panel in the attached.

The Legacy 2D panel is normally not available for projects in v10, but it can still be used. It's just that we recommend using the new 2D panel(s) where you can.

I do see the connection problem with this project, and this might be a bigger issue for you. I think maybe the new CAN component does not support the old MIAC component. Ben will know more about this and might have a suggestion on how to use the MIAC in v10 if it is possible.
Attachments
MIAC (PIC) USB Slave Source V10.fcfx
(78.18 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

p.erasmus

Post by p.erasmus »

Hi Steve,

Thanks a million,maybe the best solution is to keep going v9 with MIAC as you guy actually do not build MIAC any more so eventually the MIAC work will go down as the actual ones in the field get older and new machines are being build to replace the old ones

I think I will keep it going in v9 I know now what was my problem this morning thank you for your efforts but to do a lot of thing with a discontinued product is not worth it for you guys .Issue solve solution found
:D