Flowcode in Practical Electronics

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode in Practical Electronics

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I've been reading what is now PE since it was "Everyday Electronics" back in the 70's and whilst I subscribe, I'm many issues behind in reading. Flowcode features in the publication with articles written by a member of the Matrix Team.

I've just read the August 22 issue and discovered something I never knew that is to me, such a handy tip. I did not until now realise that I can create multiple variables just by inserting a comma between them.......

Capture-1.JPG
Capture-1.JPG (41.74 KiB) Viewed 979 times

Ta-da...

Capture-2.JPG
Capture-2.JPG (28.72 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Such a cool feature.

Looking forward to discovering more of these :)

Regards

WingNut

Re: Flowcode in Practical Electronics

Post by WingNut »

Ahh. Everyday electronics. I bought a copy when I was 14 and had an electric guitar but couldn't afford the pedals. Everyday had a"build it yourself" guitar pedal on the cover. I bought the mag , built it, and was hooked on electronics and have been ever since. Although things have moved on significantly from a 2 transistor over driven amplifier

That is a handy tip!

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

It was the TV advert to build an ultrasonic garage door remote control that hooked me, despite the fact we didn't have a car let alone a garage :) Whilst I didn't build too many of the projects I do remember building the"Quagmire" game and a "Weird Sound Effect Generator" and of course I loved the adverts from J Bull, Bi-Pack and Bamber etc stuffed full of things I wanted but in my early teens couldn't afford, to say nothing of drooling over Science of Cambridge's wristwatch calculator, "the ultimate in common sense portable calculating power".

The smell of most kits/gadgets was to me intoxicating. I built the SoC Mk14 computer (Christmas present 77, arrived Feb 78) and I swear I can still smell the rubber keyboard....

This link will take you back in time :)

https://worldradiohistory.com/Everyday_Electronics.htm

Regards

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

Wow what a lot of memories that brings back. It looks like my pedal was from Mar 1975 - I must have been 11 not 14 and thinking back that makes sense. I had bought an electric guitar from a catalogue for £45 and was paying it off with proceeds from my paper round. Think I also had a go at the guitar practice amplifier.
Thats a great site. Thanks for posting it

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Very interesting - thanks for posting that link.

I had a look and I think I found our first Flowcode advert in that magazine on page 63 of the June 2002 edition.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I bought my first copy of FC (v3) due to your adverts in the magazine. Maybe include it in the "History" posts?

It's the adverts I like the most.... When I get some time I'm going up into the loft and dig out my copies of EE and ETI from 70's to late 80's and beyond.

Regards

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

I was the same.
I bought Flowcode v3 because of the advert in everyday practical electronics magazine.
It's one investment I have not regretted and I always look forward to the next version of Flowcode as it always gets even better.
Martin

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Ha ha

You're now staff... were you made to say that? :lol: :lol:

Amazing how things change in such a relatively short time. Cutting edge then is now obsolete and unfortunately a lot of the advertisers are no longer around. I'd buy things from the "surplus" suppliers and push it into service that may not necessarily be what it was originally designed for..:)

I've never regretted any of my FC, pack or board purchases either, as it can do so much so quickly and I'm enjoying learning new tricks in the series.

Regards