Are we doomed?

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
WingNut
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Are we doomed?

Post by WingNut »

So I decided to ask Chatgtp to create a one second led flasher. Even with typos it knew what to do

create a flowcode program to flash and led every one second

"Here's an example Flowcode program that flashes an LED every one second:

Begin by adding a new Flowchart and selecting the appropriate microcontroller for your board.

Add an LED component from the Peripheral Panel on the left-hand side of the screen, and place it on the flowchart canvas.

Connect a "Timer" component from the "Delays" tab of the Component Toolbox to the main flowchart.

Double-click on the Timer component and set the time period to 1000 ms (1 second).

Connect the output of the Timer component to the "Toggle" input of the LED component.

Finally, connect the "Reset" output of the Timer component back to its own "Reset" input. This will ensure that the timer restarts counting every time it reaches the end of its period.

Save and compile the program, and then program the microcontroller with the generated HEX file.

When the program is running on the microcontroller, the LED should flash on and off every one second."

I'm surprised it even gave an answer
I asked it to tell me how to invest £100 and get £1000 back quickly and it gave me a bit of a lecture on risky investments and that it wasn't qualified in financial advice.
Fascinating project

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: Are we doomed?

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I can guarantee that if you give me £1000 I will return £100 to you immediately :lol:

Looks like Mr. Cameron's "rise of the machines" may happen. Software developer added to the list of jobs with no future..... an industry been and gone in less than a lifetime :)

Now if Doc Brown can just loan me that car I''ll grab an almanac and invest Wingnut's money to ensure we don't care :)

Regards

RGV250

Post by RGV250 »

I very much doubt it worked it out for itself, there is probably an exanple somewhere, probably what is in the PE magazine articles, all I see is a copy and paste machine.

If they ever do start to use it I do hope they declare if AI was used to write the software for the plane I might be getting on so I can stay in the bar and miss out on the crash.

Bob

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Ha ha

Won't it have used "George" to conduct test flights with it's own crash test dummies on board gathering data to be fudged.?