ESP32 toolchain download

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
RGV250
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

ESP32 toolchain download

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
I have just downloaded the V10 ESP32 toolchain and was a bit surprised to already have it in my downloads folder. I have V9 installed so I can only assume the first one is for that. So the question I have is, what have I downloaded.
Both files I have are esp-idf-tools-setup-2.3 with a size of 343073kb. If I hover over the file it says version 0.0.0.0 on both.
I do not want to start installing if it is the wrong one as I know the ESP can be a nightmare to install and it could also mess up what I already have.

I dont want to start another post for this but I have downloaded the Raspberry Pi one and this is the same name and identical size as well.

Bob

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: ESP32 toolchain download

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I'm pretty sure that if you already have a working ESP toolchain running in v9, then you can just point v10 to look for the existing install (File>Global Settings>Locations).

Regards

RGV250

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
Thanks, I was probably over thinking it. It picked up the raspberry Pi but not the esp. It may be that the esp is not installed properly, I will have a look at the laptop tomorrow to see if that is in there as I know that works.

Bob

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

You can run multiple versions of Flowcode on the same machine without any issue, so you should just be able to download v10, do a full library update, and in the settings point FCv10 to the same location you use in FCv9.

My laptop has both v9 and v10 pointing to the same location and I don't remember specifically trying to reinstall the toolchain (but age is making my memory more dynamic than static :) )

Regards