Ibutton, UART & Arduino API error (Unsolved)

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
TWPC
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 Ibutton, UART & Arduino API error (Unsolved)

Post by TWPC »

Evening all,

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on these two annoyances i've been trying to get my head around. one is a work around for another issue but i'd like to find the solutions to both.

I am trying to read the serial key from an Ibutton DS1990A via a modified version of the example program on the wiki - 'OneWire_Device_ID_Serial'.

The first problem is when i try and view the UART feed on the console window, nothing comes up. however when i double check its working using the Arduino IDE serial monitor, works fine. this has been happening to all of my projects with a UART component.

i couldn't find anything on the wiki to aid in knowing how to correctly set up the feed to view the UART serial coming into FC, for the possibility i was doing something wrong, however, i am doing nothing different to how i have done it in the past for it to work. No matter how much i fiddle with the component properties under 'simulation', 'data source' and 'com port', nothing comes up.

To work around this, as well as trying to be able to physically connected various ibutton keys to test as the project progresses, i tried the Arduino API route. I added the Arduino API component to the project to see the Arduino feed coming in and also see in realtime the ibutton serial keys being added to the 'SerialNumber' variable and other variables changing through simulating in realtime.

Which comes to the second problem:
Either i get a "comms error" within the Arduino API console, right after the initialise macro when simulating in realtime, and have to do a sequence of restarting FC and sometimes even trying another Uno board compiling the API firmware on that.
However, once i get the Arduino API working through the feed, with no comms error, the biggest frustration i am trying to find the solution to is when i attach an ibutton to the probe contacts on the uno physically for FC to read, FC reads the serial as 1,1,1,1,1,1. rather than the actual serial, of any ibutton key. This shows up in the 'Project explorer', 'variables' window and also through the API console.

This happened with a previous project i had (now deleted but was based off of this one), and it was coming up on the UART output to the serial monitor on the arduino IDE, as 010101010101 also. Nothing has been changed from the example project on the wiki other than the Arduino API component added.

Between the UART console issue, Arduino comms API error, and ibutton read serial key error. - Has anyone got any ideas what is going on and why this could be happening?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
OneWire_Device_ID_Serial.fcfx
(19.34 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Arduino Uno API Firmware.fcfx
(111.54 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Kind regards,
Leon