Compra de Flowcode

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
Carmelo
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Compra de Flowcode

Post by Carmelo »

In the month of January I downloaded version 10.1.0.38 and carried out several projects for evaluation.

Now for a new project I have to make it and compile it with a different chip model than those offered in that free version in order to be compiled.

As an amateur user, I would like to purchase the PIC8 chip package to have the 8-bit models available so I can use them and obtain the corresponding hexadecimal files.

Several days ago I made a query to the sales department regarding how to make the purchase and to this day I have not received a response. That's why I'm stopping by the forum because I would appreciate it if you could clarify some doubts regarding how to make the purchase, such as:

• With that version 10.1.0.38 downloaded previously, is it enough to purchase the PIC8 package to have the functional version and obtain the hexadecimal files?
• What is the cost of the indicated option and the payment method?
• Once the purchase is made, is the purchased software sent or just the user license?
• If a user license is shipped, how is the license activated? Is a document sent explaining how to activate the license?
• Does the license have an expiration date?
• If there are program updates, can they be downloaded for free?

Thank you very much for your attention and possible responses.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: Compra de Flowcode

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Sorry to hear you haven't heard anything back yet, but in saying that this weekend was a major UK holiday, with many companies only returning tomorrow, and even then many staff may be taking annual leave.

Once your license has been purchased it is activated within FC and full instructions are provided. The licence doesn't expire and will allow you to create files for the chip pack purchased. The website will detail all available chips in the pack you are interested in, so make sure your target is included.

All library updates are free to all v10 users as are core updates.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Carmelo

Post by Carmelo »

Gracias por su respuesta.
Permítame una consulta adicional:

Es suficiente con tener descargada la versión 10.1.0.38 que tengo descargada y comprar solo el paquete PIC8 para funcionar como aficionado o es necesario tener que adquirir la licencia tipo pro.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi
It is enough to have downloaded version 10.1.0.38 that I have downloaded and buy only the PIC8 package to function as an amateur or it is necessary to have to purchase the pro license.
For hobby and non-commercial use you only need to buy any required chip packs. If you intend to sell, or use the code for financial gain then a professional licence is also required.

- - -
Para uso aficionado y no comercial, solo necesita comprar los paquetes de chips necesarios. Si tiene la intención de vender o utilizar el código para obtener ganancias financieras, también se requiere una licencia profesional.

Regards

Carmelo

Post by Carmelo »

Gracias por la aclaración.

Voy a esperar a mañana o pasado mañana para ver si obtengo respuesta del departamento de ventas y ver qué me dicen.

Lo más normal es que de momento adquiera la licencia para el paquete PIC8 según la información de la web.

C.

kersing
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

To see the cost you go to flowcode.co.uk website and look at the top for “Buy Flowcode”. Click there. Payment options will be listed.

Carmelo

Post by Carmelo »

Si, gracias esa información la he visto.
Como he dicho voy a esperar la contestación del departamento de ventas.

C.

Carmelo

Post by Carmelo »

I have recently acquired the FC10 license with the PIC8 package and I have 3 questions:

1st In old projects with version 8 I had components located in the 3D panel to carry out the simulations of the projects and now, when I open them with FC10 they do not appear in either the 2D or 3D panel. How can I make any updates to Can I recover that data?

2nd In previous versions you could print the project design, now I can't find a way to do this. Can it be printed in any way?

3rd I have observed that after saving the project and compiling it, the " * " always automatically appears next to the project name indicating that it is not unsaved. Could this be a bug?

Thank you very much in advance for your responses.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Carmelo wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:34 pm
1st In old projects with version 8 I had components located in the 3D panel to carry out the simulations of the projects and now, when I open them with FC10 they do not appear in either the 2D or 3D panel. How can I make any updates to Can I recover that data?
Moving projects from v8 to v10 may require some extra steps. Can you be more specific or send us an example of the problems you are having?

Carmelo wrote:
2nd In previous versions you could print the project design, now I can't find a way to do this. Can it be printed in any way?
You can still export the project details. This is in the File...Export area.

Carmelo wrote:
3rd I have observed that after saving the project and compiling it, the " * " always automatically appears next to the project name indicating that it is not unsaved. Could this be a bug?
Some projects or components used in projects might change the state of the program when compilation is started, meaning it becomes marked as modified. Can you please share an example and we can work out what is causing this issue.

Carmelo

Post by Carmelo »

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the first question, sorry for the wrong query, I still did not have the license activated when I wanted to convert the version 8 project.

Regarding the second question, it is clarified. Thank you

And with respect to the last query, I attach the file that, after compiling, always seems to me to be saved.
Attachments
COM485_16F886.fcfx
(63.54 KiB) Downloaded 9 times