Idea for Wiki and Forum

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
Ferla
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Idea for Wiki and Forum

Post by Ferla »

Hi Matrix Staff,
Now that we have a new Wiki on V9 why not populate it by starting to complete all the components with at least one example?
I find many components without examples, I admit that in some the examples are there and are well commented and I really appreciate this, while in others I don't ,es. Gray Code Encoder, FAT (SCADA) (Storage), Circular Buffer (16 bit) (Storage) etc, I just picked a few at random.
The question may seem stupid to you, but n who don't know programming, even an example is worth a thousand words. The examples are a strong point for me, I hope that the friends of the forum share my idea.
It would also be nice to have a section dedicated to projects made by users that I want to show what they did, example like the last one on the forum FC8 Thermistor NTC Temperature sensor where it could eventually be placed in the category Instrumentation and then Temperature. My friend JohnCrow has made some beautiful projects that have helped me a lot and I believe not just me.
I invite the friends of the forum to propose other ideas only in this way we can help the Staff Matrix to make the forum even more active and beautiful for the benefit of all of us.
What do you think about it?
Ferla ;)

solozerouno

Re: Idea for Wiki and Forum

Post by solozerouno »

Concordo

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi

I fully agree with this request and was also intending asking for the same

The biggest issue i have with flowcode is that when i come up with a problem its not easy to see if it is due to myself or interpretation or an error in the Flow code software

I often therefore have to waste a lot of time making sure its not me before contacting contacting Matrix to avoid wasting their time

When you create a component you must have done a degree of testing so you must have stacks of examples already for each

So please consider releasing these to Flowcode community by some means as this could reduce the volume of queries you often get and make it easier for us to use

David

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Thanks for the suggestions - we'll definitely consider it.

We don't stop users posting tips, examples and solutions. In fact, we welcome it. Over time, this forum will grow and we will add new subforum categories as the need arises.

It's worth remembering, though, that often problems arise due to the interaction of different aspects of Flowcode (e.g. Component X with Chip Y). Testing every case would be extremely time-consuming and would require access to a vast array of hardware, so we cannot hope to be comprehensive and cover every eventuality. Similarly, having an example might not help unless you are using a similar hardware setup.

We try to mitigate these issues by actively supporting our users' issues and encourage others to do so on the forum. But more examples (made by us or by other users) would be useful to others, and we hope more will become available.

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

HI

Yes i understand the issues re the interaction with different chip sets

However i would have thought that if you at least covered an ESP and say a Arduino Uno that would cover the majority of Hobbyists with both being very cheap popular and readily available

Also as part of your internal QA I presume you must have a list of chip sets you have used internally for your specific testing of each new component
This would be very useful information to know for us

David