.elf file for proteus and custom components

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
andrewproffi
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Post by andrewproffi »

Hello. I could not find answers on the forum, please tell me.
1. Viewing the program code when simulating in proteus - .elf file does not provide such an opportunity, as I understand it, you need to get a .cof file? How can I do that?
2. Is there no way to create your own custom component as in version 5 of the flowcode?
Last edited by andrewproffi on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Cof file and custom components

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I've moved these questions to a new thread. Here are some answers:

1. I've not used Proteus for a long time, but I thought an ELF file would offer the same debugging capabilities as a COFF file. Maybe there's a setting to allow this in Proteus? If you need a COFF file, then the compiler toolchain can be made to do this. It depends on the toolchain you are using. You might want to search our old forum as this has been covered before, for example here:

https://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/view ... hp?t=19062

2. In v5, you could customise the code behind component macros. From v6, this works differently and there are multiple ways to achieve this. For example, you could customise the C code behind the macro call. Or you could create a new component based on the component you wish to modify, and replace the macro code with your own. The v9 wiki has more information about creating components. Is there anything particular you are trying to customise?

andrewproffi

Post by andrewproffi »

Thanks for the answer.
The .elf file, which is generated in version 5 of the flowcode, provides great opportunities for debugging the program in the proteus. But when specifying the file generated in version 9, these capabilities are absent, apparently I need to change the compiler settings. and it may very well be that I do not need a .cof file, and it is not created for AVR microcontrollers :)

I will also look at the information on creating a component, while there are no specific tasks, but the need to create new components that are not available will certainly appear in the future. If you do not take a fundamentally new component, then, for example, I need to add 12-bit resolution to the ADC by oversampling.
Last edited by andrewproffi on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

andrewproffi

Re: .elf file for proteus and custom components

Post by andrewproffi »

Indeed, I changed the avra.bat file to a file from version 5 and the code in the proteus appeared, while everything is not as it should be, but it is definitely necessary to fix the files in the "batchfiles" folder.