Virtual serial port

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
DAVIDJOINER
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Virtual serial port

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi Ben

Have a problem seeing a new virtual serial port (I created using Eterlogic VSPE IN Windows 10) in V9 Debug mode

I think the likely issue is that Eterlogic stores the new VSP in "other devices" rather than "Ports (Com & LPT)"

However all the other programs i am using ie Real Term , SDR Console, SDRUNO, all see the new port no problem

Is there a work around for this

David

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Virtual serial port

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Hi David,

If the device is not showing up as a COM port in Windows device manager then Flowcode will not be able to see it. You could try contacting the manufacturer to see if they have an alternative driver or other suggestion to work around this.

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi ben

I understand but the other standard software packages allow you select the port

Can't you provide the option to allow you to select say ports 1 to 10 even if V9 does not initially see them as being available

Thats the way SDR Console and SDR UNO appear to do it and windows then appears to handle it when you select that port

Might be worth a try

David

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

We are using the recommended way to access COM ports: using the SetupDi*** Windows group of functions to enumerate the available COM ports that have been installed. At least it seems to be the recommended way from my research. I am not aware how the other software packages detect the COM ports.

I would be interested if you do get any response from the hardware manufacturers as they appear to be using a non-standard way of identifying their COM ports in Windows - or that is how it seems to me, but I am not an expert on the intricacies of Windows COM port creation.

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi Ben

I have changed to another virtual port supplier com0com as will be easier

And this appears to be detected fine by FC9 so i will now use this in my application

Anyway many thanks for help looking into it

Best Regards
David