ESP32 Compile issue on Flowcode 9

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
Gavo
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

ESP32 Compile issue on Flowcode 9

Post by Gavo »

Hi All,

I tried to compile and flash the ESP32 with a very simple program with a LED flashing off/on at 500mS intervals. Everything works in the simulation but when I compile to the Target Board I get the following error below. Does anyone have an idea what this could be?, I check and I have assigned the correct comport to the Target Board,

Many Thanks,

Regards,

Gavin

Error: Invalid value for '-b' / '--baud': flash is not a valid integer
Programming Failed

C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\FCD\ESP\Batch\esp32_prog.bat reported error code 0x1

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: ESP32 Compile issue on Flowcode 9

Post by medelec35 »

Hi,
There is a bug to do with the com port setting.
Take a look at this post.
Martin

Gavo

Post by Gavo »

Thanks,

My Comport setting in the Global Setting Under Options is empty, how do I edit it?

Regards,

Gavin

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

You will need to have the board plugged-in to your PC before running Flowcode.
Have you followed the step-by-step instructions found here?
The PDF file is very detailed.
Martin

Gavo

Post by Gavo »

Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (101.21 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg (161.77 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
Clipboard04.jpg
Clipboard04.jpg (99.89 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
I do build the project and I am able to run it in the ESP-IDF Command prompt but I can compile to target device, please see images

Regards,

Gavin

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Gavo wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:08 pm
but I can compile to target device
Did you mean Can't compile to target device?
If that is the case, within the code display option on the forums ,can you post all the compiler output meaasges text please?
If different to the original

Code: Select all

Programming Failed 
Martin

LeighM
Valued Contributor

Post by LeighM »

As Martin's post, this looks like a programming port issue, and as he mentioned earlier, please read and follow the post in the link below very carefully with regard to the project options screen ...
viewtopic.php?p=57#p57

Gavo

Post by Gavo »

Hi Martin/Leigh,

Please see below

Try 'idf.py --help' for help.

Programming Failed

C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\FCD\ESP\Batch\esp32_prog.bat reported error code 0x1

Autoclose turned off

I have followed the post and done exactly the same but when I check in Global Setting under location the Comport Field is empty?, you can see that below, no matter how many times I select it in Project options and save and then exit, I can't seem to populate this field. I tried it on a second PC with the same result
Clipboard05.jpg
Clipboard05.jpg (168.85 KiB) Viewed 5462 times

Gavo

Post by Gavo »

Here the whole log

Target folder: D:\My Documents\Flowcode 9 Code
Source name: D:\My Documents\Flowcode 9 Code\ESP32 Samples.fcfx
Title: ESP_32_Test
Description:
Device: ESP.ESP32.ESP32_WROOM_32
Generated by: Flowcode v9.0.0.23
Date: Monday, December 28, 2020 08:17:37
Users: 1
Registered to: gavo (gavo)
Licence key: 䄹䔲㤶䉃㝅
NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE
https://www.flowcode.co.uk
Launching the compiler...
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\FCD\ESP\Batch\esp32_build.bat "D:\ESP-IDF\" "ESP32 Samples" "D:\My Documents\Flowcode 9 Code\" esp32s_sdkconfig
Building ESP32 Samples ...
Setting IDF_PATH: D:\ESP-IDF

Adding ESP-IDF tools to PATH...
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2020r2-8.2.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32s2-elf\esp-2020r2-8.2.0\xtensa-esp32s2-elf\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\esp32ulp-elf\2.28.51-esp-20191205\esp32ulp-elf-binutils\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\esp32s2ulp-elf\2.28.51-esp-20191205\esp32s2ulp-elf-binutils\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\openocd-esp32\v0.10.0-esp32-20191114\openocd-esp32\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\ninja\1.9.0\
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\idf-exe\1.0.1\
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\ccache\3.7\
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\python_env\idf4.1_py3.8_env\Scripts
D:\ESP-IDF\tools

Checking if Python packages are up to date...
Python requirements from D:\ESP-IDF\requirements.txt are satisfied.

Done! You can now compile ESP-IDF projects.
Go to the project directory and run:

idf.py build

[1/9] cmd.exe /C "cd /D D:\My_Documents\Flowcode_9_Code\ESP32_Samples\build\esp-idf\partition_table && C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin\cmake.exe -E echo "Partition table binary generated. Contents:" && C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin\cmake.exe -E echo ******************************************************************************* && C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\python_env\idf4.1_py3.8_env\Scripts\python.exe D:/ESP-IDF/components/partition_table/gen_esp32part.py -q --offset 0x8000 --flash-size 2MB D:/My_Documents/Flowcode_9_Code/ESP32_Samples/build/partition_table/partition-table.bin && C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin\cmake.exe -E echo *******************************************************************************"
Partition table binary generated. Contents:
# Espressif ESP32 Partition Table
# Name, Type, SubType, Offset, Size, Flags
nvs,data,nvs,0x9000,24K,
phy_init,data,phy,0xf000,4K,
factory,app,factory,0x10000,1M,
[2/9] Performing build step for 'bootloader'
ninja: no work to do.
[3/7] Building C object esp-idf/main/CMakeFiles/__idf_main.dir/esp-project.c.obj
In file included from ../main/esp-project.c:39:
D:/ESP-IDF/components/esp_event/include/esp_event_loop.h:2:2: warning: #warning "esp_event_loop.h is deprecated, please include esp_event.h instead" [-Wcpp]
#warning "esp_event_loop.h is deprecated, please include esp_event.h instead"
^~~~~~~
In file included from C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\internals.c:565,
from ../main/esp-project.c:49:
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:873:13: warning: 'FCI_SCOPY' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static void FCI_SCOPY(MX_STRING sSrc, MX_UINT16 iSrc_len, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:812:13: warning: 'FCI_SHEAD' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static void FCI_SHEAD(MX_STRING sSrc1, MX_UINT16 iSrc1_len, MX_STRING sSrc2, MX_UINT16 iSrc2_len, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:792:18: warning: 'FCI_STRMOV' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_UINT16 FCI_STRMOV(MX_STRING sSrc, MX_UINT16 iSrc_len, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:768:18: warning: 'FCI_STRREV' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_UINT16 FCI_STRREV(MX_STRING sSrc, MX_UINT16 iSrc_len, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:698:17: warning: 'FCI_STRING_TO_FLOAT' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_FLOAT FCI_STRING_TO_FLOAT(MX_STRING String, MX_UINT16 MSZ_String)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:595:18: warning: 'FCI_NUMBER_TO_HEX' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_STRING FCI_NUMBER_TO_HEX(MX_ULONG Number, MX_STRING String, MX_UINT16 MSZ_String)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:531:18: warning: 'FCI_FLOAT_TO_STRING' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_STRING FCI_FLOAT_TO_STRING(MX_FLOAT Number, MX_UINT8 Precision, MX_STRING String, MX_UINT16 MSZ_String)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:476:17: warning: 'FCI_COMPARE' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_UINT8 FCI_COMPARE(MX_STRING sSrc1, MX_UINT16 iSrc1_len, MX_STRING sSrc2, MX_UINT16 iSrc2_len, MX_UINT8 iNoCase)
^~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:450:13: warning: 'FCI_TOUPPER' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static void FCI_TOUPPER(MX_STRING sSrc, MX_UINT16 iSrc_len, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:424:13: warning: 'FCI_TOLOWER' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static void FCI_TOLOWER(MX_STRING sSrc, MX_UINT16 iSrc_len, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:331:10: warning: 'FCI_TOSTRU32' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
MX_UINT8 FCI_TOSTRU32(MX_UINT32 iSrc1, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:297:10: warning: 'FCI_TOSTRU16' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
MX_UINT8 FCI_TOSTRU16(MX_UINT16 iSrc1, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:254:10: warning: 'FCI_TOSTRS32' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
MX_UINT8 FCI_TOSTRS32(MX_SINT32 iSrc1, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:211:10: warning: 'FCI_TOSTRS16' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
MX_UINT8 FCI_TOSTRS16(MX_SINT16 iSrc1, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:182:18: warning: 'FCI_RIGHTSTRING' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_STRING FCI_RIGHTSTRING(MX_STRING sSrc, MX_UINT16 iSrc_len, MX_UINT16 iCount, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:159:18: warning: 'FCI_LEFTSTRING' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_STRING FCI_LEFTSTRING(MX_STRING sSrc, MX_UINT16 iSrc_len, MX_UINT16 iCount, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\internals.c:565,
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:129:18: warning: 'FCI_MIDSTRING' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_STRING FCI_MIDSTRING(MX_STRING sSrc, MX_UINT16 iSrc_len, MX_UINT16 iStart, MX_UINT16 iCount, MX_STRING sDst, MX_UINT16 iDst_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:121:18: warning: 'FCI_GETLENGTH' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_UINT16 FCI_GETLENGTH(MX_STRING sStr1, MX_UINT16 iStr1_len)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_String.c:113:17: warning: 'FCI_GETCHAR' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_UINT8 FCI_GETCHAR(MX_STRING sStr1, MX_UINT16 iStr1_len, MX_UINT16 iPos)
^~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\internals.c:563,
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_IO.c:315:17: warning: 'FC_CAL_Bit_In_DDR' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_UINT8 FC_CAL_Bit_In_DDR (MX_UINT8 PIN)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_IO.c:260:18: warning: 'FC_CAL_Port_In_DDR' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static MX_UINT32 FC_CAL_Port_In_DDR (MX_UINT8 PORT, MX_UINT32 OutMask)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_IO.c:152:13: warning: 'FC_CAL_Bit_High_DDR' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static void FC_CAL_Bit_High_DDR (MX_UINT8 PIN)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_IO.c:108:13: warning: 'FC_CAL_Bit_Low_DDR' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static void FC_CAL_Bit_Low_DDR (MX_UINT8 PIN)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\CAL\ESP\ESP_CAL_IO.c:60:13: warning: 'FC_CAL_Port_Out_DDR' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static void FC_CAL_Port_Out_DDR (MX_UINT8 PORT, MX_UINT32 OutMask, MX_UINT32 OutValue)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[4/7] Linking CXX static library esp-idf\main\libmain.a

[5/7] Generating ld/esp32.project.ld
[6/7] Linking CXX executable esp-project.elf
[7/7] Generating binary image from built executable
esptool.py v2.9-dev
Generated D:/My_Documents/Flowcode_9_Code/ESP32_Samples/build/esp-project.bin
Executing action: all (aliases: build)
Running ninja in directory d:\my_documents\flowcode_9_code\esp32_samples\build
Executing "ninja all"...

Project build complete. To flash, run this command:
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\python_env\idf4.1_py3.8_env\Scripts\python.exe ..\..\..\ESP-IDF\components\esptool_py\esptool\esptool.py -p (PORT) -b 460800 --before default_reset --after hard_reset --chip esp32 write_flash --flash_mode dio --flash_size detect --flash_freq 40m 0x1000 build\bootloader\bootloader.bin 0x8000 build\partition_table\partition-table.bin 0x10000 build\esp-project.bin
or run 'idf.py -p (PORT) flash'

Build completed successfully

Launching the linker/assembler...
D:\Flowcode 9\data\tools\DoNothing\DoNothing.exe

Launching the programmer...
C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV9\FCD\ESP\Batch\esp32_prog.bat "D:\ESP-IDF\" "ESP32 Samples" "D:\My Documents\Flowcode 9 Code\" 115200
Programming ESP32 Samples ...
Setting IDF_PATH: D:\ESP-IDF

Adding ESP-IDF tools to PATH...
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2020r2-8.2.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32s2-elf\esp-2020r2-8.2.0\xtensa-esp32s2-elf\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\esp32ulp-elf\2.28.51-esp-20191205\esp32ulp-elf-binutils\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\esp32s2ulp-elf\2.28.51-esp-20191205\esp32s2ulp-elf-binutils\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\cmake\3.13.4\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\openocd-esp32\v0.10.0-esp32-20191114\openocd-esp32\bin
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\ninja\1.9.0\
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\idf-exe\1.0.1\
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\tools\ccache\3.7\
C:\Users\gavo\.espressif\python_env\idf4.1_py3.8_env\Scripts
D:\ESP-IDF\tools

Checking if Python packages are up to date...
Python requirements from D:\ESP-IDF\requirements.txt are satisfied.

Done! You can now compile ESP-IDF projects.
Go to the project directory and run:

idf.py build

Usage: idf.py [OPTIONS] COMMAND1 [ARGS]... [COMMAND2 [ARGS]...]...
Try 'idf.py --help' for help.

Programming Failed

Autoclose turned off

FINISHED

I have bought the commerical licnece just waiting for the licence to be updated...

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

To me,
It looks like the same programming port issue in which myself and LeighM posted a link to.
Has everything been installed correctly so board drivers are installed correctly?
Look at the device manager with the board unplugged.
Mine looks like this:
Board Not Connected.png
Board Not Connected.png (3.97 KiB) Viewed 5445 times
Plug the ESP32 board in and you should see an extra com port like this:
Board Connected.png
Board Connected.png (5.08 KiB) Viewed 5445 times
Does that happen in your case?
Gavo wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:19 am
I have bought the commerical licnece just waiting for the licence to be updated...
Your licence should update when the trial runs out.
With the trial, everything is unlocked.
When someone purchases a licence there may be things not unlocked.
So Matrix wanted people who bought a licence not to miss out on the benefit of having all unlocked.
Martin