Component Digi-Pot MCP45HVX1

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
DirkB
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Component Digi-Pot MCP45HVX1

Post by DirkB »

Hello Ben,

I would like to use the Digi-Pot MCP45HVX1. Flowcode supports the MCP4551 potentiometer, which is the same but does not support high voltage. The fixed addresses are different. Does the MCP45XX component also work with these potentiometers, or are other addresses sent via I2C?

Thank you for your help
Dirk

DirkB

Re: Component Digi-Pot MCP45HVX1

Post by DirkB »

Hi Ben,

it does not work with the componente MCP45XX. Can I edit this component so that it also works with the MCP45HVX? I need these pots with high voltage support. This is even more important for me than the support of the Digi Pot AD5280 / 5282. I discovered the MCP45HVX later.

Thank you very much
Dirk

DirkB

Re: Component Digi-Pot MCP45HVX1

Post by DirkB »

Hello Ben,

I have found out. You have to edit the component MCP45XX and change the address from 0x28 to 0x38 during initialisation. The MPC45HVX also only has 256, not 257 steps, but has two hardware addresses. Please bear this in mind. Then the new component should only contain one potentiometer. The chip is not available with two potentiometers. That's all and it works perfectly.

thanks

Dirk