rectangle component in APP Developer

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
DAVIDJOINER
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

rectangle component in APP Developer

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi

A few weeks ago i was using the and importing an image and worked fine in my projects

Yesterday re loaded the same projects and no image was displayed in the rectangles

So to further test I also generated a new app with just the rectangle component in it and imported an image and still the same result no image displayed

Have you updated some of the software over the last few weeks which could be causing this ?

David

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: rectangle component in APP Developer

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Nothing has changed as far as I'm aware. Could you attach a project that shows the problem, and give us steps to replicate it?

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi David.
What image extension are you using?
I have tried with a png image:
Image.png
Image.png (24.36 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
Can you attach a demo image along with an app developer example?

Edit: Steve beat me to it.
Martin

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi

Enclosed png is picture of DEC PDP8 but not sure if you will see as you do not have access to my file location on my pc

David

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

There are no links on your post.
If you do what Steve asked, then we can see what the issue is.
If you don't want the flowchart & image to be public, then you can PM Steve or me.
Martin

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

Hi

Have enclosed correct file this time

Any ideas

David
Attachments
rectangle test DAJ Rev01.fcsx
(6.81 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Thanks, David.

It seems to work ok for me. You should make the fill colour of the rectangle white. One other thing you sure make sure of is that you are not showing objects as wireframe in the settings for the panel - that has caught me out before.

Furthermore, if you are wanting images on the 2d panel (and not the 3d panel), then the "image" component (under "creation...2d shapes") might be a better choice.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

To be clear and to prevent any confusion, I could not see your image when I opened your project. But as you said, that is because I do not have access to that image.

In a Flowcode project, and external resources are links to files that are located elsewhere, and they are not embedded within the Flowcode fcfx/fcsx file. So if you share any source file project, you also need to share any associated resources (like images) and ensure they are in the same relative location when the project is loaded onto a different PC (or moved to a different location on the same PC).

However, these external resources can be bundled with any deployed App Developer apps you create via "file...export". The same is true when you create your own component (again via "file...export"). So when you create a stand-alone app (or component), you should not need to ship images separately.

DAVIDJOINER

Post by DAVIDJOINER »

hI sTEVE

Some progress but item 3 still an issue

1 tried moving the rectangle component to 3d panel and it works fine in 3d panel

2 Tried creating an image component and that works fine both in 3d and 2d panel so have a potential solution here

3 Tried to find the wireframe setting option to see if set but could not find it can you direct me closer to its exact location ?

4 Yes i understand the file if the APP is deployed and i have done this in the past as you described and was fine

David

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Hi David,

That image component will not work on a 2d panel, so in your point 2 you are maybe looking at something else. Here's the location of the wireframe setting for the 2d panel:
view as wireframe option.png
view as wireframe option.png (13.94 KiB) Viewed 2271 times