"DataSheet" component - didn´t display DATA

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
ssttrragmail
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

"DataSheet" component - didn´t display DATA

Post by ssttrragmail »

Why can´t I make the DATA (here, 8 of then) appear in the DataSheet component ?
The component seems to be so intuitive.
What´s wrong here ?
Any clue will
be welcome.
Thanks.
Attachments
Teste com Datasheet.fcfx
(17.71 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
DataSheet Test.PNG
DataSheet Test.PNG (94.2 KiB) Viewed 8987 times

ssttrragmail

Re: "DataSheet" component - didn´t display DATA

Post by ssttrragmail »

As mentioned in the previous post, the component "DataSheet" doesn´t show the values previously stored, directly in its screem, even with the properties Appearance/Interactive and Appearance/Visible set to "yes".
Only when the program is stopped I could see a fixed "Chart Data" window showing these values.

If the variables are actually being recorded, I though print one of them (for example: result = valor8 = 8) stored at row=2 & column=4,
with the "GetData(row,column)" command. But surprisingly I just got the value 0.00. :(

Do I dealing with this component in a correct manner ? I read the Help/Wiki and
I couldn´t find more details or a example, to try overcome these issues. Thanks.
Attachments
Datasheet Test.fcfx
(18.22 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Data visualization issue.PNG
Data visualization issue.PNG (66.93 KiB) Viewed 8971 times
GetData issue.PNG
GetData issue.PNG (216.69 KiB) Viewed 8971 times

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

You should be able to view the stored data during simulation by right-clicking and selecting "show stored data". This was added in 9.3 I believe and so please make sure you are running that version.

But there is a problem and the current available version of the datasheet component is not the most recent. I will ask to have this updated.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

As well as updating the main Flowcode to v9.3, can you also run a full library update. Then restart Flowcode and try your program again.

ssttrragmail

Post by ssttrragmail »

Hi. In fact I can view the stored data by right-click and selecting "Show Stored Data" B U T only when the simulation is complete.
I can´t see the values being updated at the Datasheet table, in real time. And that would be very nice to visualize.

I´ve checked, and I´m at v.9.3.0.35 (Standard Version). Will there even be a new version of Datasheet Component ?

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

You should be able to right-click and select "Show stored data" during simulation. I've just tested it with your project and it is working fine when I step through the project and select that menu item at various points in the program execution. It also works if I add a "while 1" loop at the end and run at full speed. The menu is available and the stored data can be shown. This is with the current v9.3.0.35.

If I misunderstand and you are wanting the values to be displayed automatically on your panel without needing to select that menu then this cannot be done. You will need to write your own code to either display the values on the console or onto a panel text control.

ssttrragmail

Post by ssttrragmail »

I really understood how works this component.
But, for the sake to improve FC9, wouldn't be useful if it could be able to display data in real time ? We end up with a type of a "Panel of Results", in a flexible matrix shape.
Thank you.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

ssttrragmail wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:06 pm
But, for the sake to improve FC9, wouldn't be useful if it could be able to display data in real time ? We end up with a type of a "Panel of Results", in a flexible matrix shape.
Displaying the data would depend on the type of data, the number of series, the number of different data points, etc. If we automatically created one type of display (e.g. for a single small set of numerical values) that it would be wrong for other sets of values. So I recommend either creating a routine to display the dataset how you want, or use one of the available chart components to visualise the data.

ssttrragmail

Post by ssttrragmail »

Sorry for the extreme delay. I´ll that way nex time.
Thank you for your attention.