Missing variable 'display' on project explorer panel

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
mnfisher
Valued Contributor
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 Missing variable 'display' on project explorer panel

Post by mnfisher »

Not sure how I managed this.

I deleted a small chunk of code an if block and its associated branches - and lost the variables display in the project explorer.
variables.png
variables.png (65.01 KiB) Viewed 524 times
Note - the variables tab is selected here.

I can still see (and access the variables) from the Macros tab, 'Ports' also showed the components display.

Right clicking on the 'project explorer' tabs (so on variables/ports etc) - lets you 'hide' / or 'restore' particular tabs - for example right click on variables and click on macros - will hide or restore macros - and I'm not sure if this is the intended function (would expect it just to select the 'macros' tab for example) - and by hiding the tabs to right of variables I was able to restore the correct variable display.

Just updating to latest version - will test again - replicated in latest version too. It's possible to replicate the corrupted display by hiding various tabs.

Martin

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Missing variable 'display' on project explorer panel

Post by Steve-Matrix »

That one is odd.

It should be easy to fix and there are a couple of routes detailed below. But before you begin, please read my last comment below and send me your registry details before you change anything.

This is controlled by the "UI Trees" tab within Project Options. You could try resetting the information in that tab and restarting Flowcode.

Under the hood, there are 2 registry options that affect this. They are "ProjectExTrees" and "ProjectExVisible"; both are in the following location:

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV10\Options\general UI
And my options are currently:

ProjectExTrees = 9620,9606,9647,9644,9615,9618,9622,9623
ProjectExVisible = 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
If Project Options fails to fix it for you, you could try setting your registry values to these.

And out of interest, before you do anything what are your current values for these registry options? That may give me a clue as to how the problem has arisen.

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Re: Missing variable 'display' on project explorer panel

Post by mnfisher »

Hi Steve,

Currently I have:

ProjExKeys = 9620,9606,9647,9644,9615,9618
ProjExVisible =  0,1,0,1,1,0
One I open FC - I have Ports, Variables and Macros available in the project explorer.

If I 'toggle' the visibility as above - I can change ProjExVisible (viewed by refreshing the display in RegEdit) - this seems to work as expected with a '1' for tab visible and 0 for hidden. Note I'd normally have them all visible - I just played around when I noticed the variables 'gone'.

I managed to 'restore' them by hiding and restoring the tabs - and could also make them vanish again by doing the same.

Martin