Target Device Missing PIC 18F45K20 44pin

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
hoozamawhatsit
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Target Device Missing PIC 18F45K20 44pin

Post by hoozamawhatsit »

Hi All,

I'm wondering if you could add PIC 18f45k20 44pin to your list of devices, currently only the 40 pin device available.

Thanks,
Mick

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Target Device Missing PIC 18F45K20 44pin

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I've not looked at the differences between the 40- and 44-pin variants, but usually you should be able to use the 40-pin device in place of the 44-pin device. The only difference will be the visual depiction of the chip in the "Target Device" window.

However, if it is important then you may be able to make one yourself. I have made some basic changes in that attached file, which needs to be copied to the following location on your PC:

Code: Select all

%PROGRAMDATA%\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV10\FCD\PIC\
If you copy the file there and restart Flowcode, you should see a new "18F45K20 (44pin)" in the list of targets.

If you create a new project using this file, open the Target Device window to see the new 44-pin layout. You will see it is not correct and will need to be edited to ensure the pins are referenced correctly.

To do this, you need to rearrange the lines in the "<pins>" section of the file using a text editor. These are lines 144 to 187 inclusive. Only edit these lines and only change them by moving them around. The 4 entries I added are at the bottom (labelled "xx", etc). These are possibly extra "VDD" and "VSS" lines. Once any changes have been made, close and reopen Flowcode to see if it looks ok.

Hopefully this will work for you, but I cannot guarantee it. If so, you will need to continue with the 40-pin variant.
Attachments
18F45K20 (44pin).fcdx
(24.51 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

hoozamawhatsit

Re: Target Device Missing PIC 18F45K20 44pin

Post by hoozamawhatsit »

Thanks for the info Steve, all works, very much appreciated.