Bug in Midi Component or in Flowcode?

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
DirkB
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Bug in Midi Component or in Flowcode?

Post by DirkB »

Hello,

I have now created the first projects with FC10. Now I have noticed that the entire chip freezes as soon as I send midi data. It doesn't matter which data I send and which chip I use. If I insert a Send Midi icon, the whole chip no longer works. All LEDs are off, no button works anymore. I suspect the problem has existed since FC8. You only need to send midi data once when starting the program. Then the chip freezes. RTS and CTS are not used with a Midi component. How should these signals be set? Can they not be removed? Midi reception works fine so far. Please always test on the pins of the chips. Everything works in the simulation.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Dirk

DirkB

Re: Bug in Midi Component or in Flowcode?

Post by DirkB »

Hello,

the bug is of course sitting in front of the computer. I have been working with Flowcode V5 for over 10 years and have created many projects with midi function. Everything has always worked very well. Now I had a problem with the midi component. The signals RTS and CTS did not exist before and are not needed for Midi. Midi is an absolutely asynchronous interface. I have only just found out that you can switch off RTS and CTS with Flowcontrol. This should be set by default in the Midi component. Now I know and the midi component works perfectly. There is no exact specification of this function in the help, so I had to look for it myself. The documentation should go into more detail about the effects of the signals.
This is also the reason why I have had problems with the midi component since Flowcode V8.

regards
Dirk

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Thanks, Dirk. That information is really useful. I personally have never used that particular component and do not have the appropriate hardware to check that it's working correctly. But I will ask for that information to be added to our wiki and I'll see if our component can be altered as you suggest too.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Thanks, Dirk.
I have set Flow Control to off and deleted the properties.
Can you let me know if it now works, please?
Browse to this location using file explorer, it's hidden by default so just paste the link into your address bar.

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV10\Components
Replace the existing file with the attached file.
If Flowcode is already open, then you will need to reload your project for the new component to work
If you run any component updates, then the component you added will be overwritten.
Attachments
midi.fcpx
(7.76 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Martin