LoRa component

Post and discuss new components that you have created.
max.tisc
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: LoRa component

Post by max.tisc »

thanks kersing, you are clearing the clouds.
do you have a time estimate for the new component to try something?

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Years ago I made a tank monitor that connected to PushingBox using "Gamma" LoRa modules and an ESP8266.

If the float switch activated then a Gamma Transmitter would wake up and send it's status. At the Gamma receiver, it would pass this status change to a PIC. The PIC would then, using appropriate API Keys communicate with PushingBox via an ESP8266 over local WiFi, which subsequently sent an alert to cellphones.

The modules, by RF Solutions are a "goto" of mine as they are reliable, easy to configure just using a terminal program, and can easily reach many, many miles just using little rubber duck antenna.

I had mine "paired" as many-to-one Tx / Rx but you can configure them as one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-one and modem mode. When paired they reject all other transmissions from non paired modules.

The modules also have eight input/output pins that depending on configuration "mirror" their status. A pin change on a Tx is reflected at the Rx etc. I had the Rx pins connected to Port B of a PIC and when a change occurred read the port and processed accordingly. In Modem mode data streams are simply relayed between modules.

The modules are about as plug-n-play as you can get, being easily configured by a terminal program using "AT" commands.

Although in that application they were only communicating around eighty metres or so, it was by no means line of sight and had to also penetrate the walls of a 300 year old house built of stone, which are not exactly thin. I've also used them in dense woodland over miles.

Regards

max.tisc

Post by max.tisc »

thank's chipfryer27