how to create an EXE file

Discuss PC Developer and Web Developer projects and features here.
VIDEOMED
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

how to create an EXE file

Post by VIDEOMED »

I am in need of aid.

I have mastered the capabilities of FLOWCODE 10 Professional, carving my skills to achieve precision and efficiency in its application. After countless days of meticulous work, I successfully designed and fabricated a unique auditory diagnostic device, powered by the unyielding strength of PIC16F1933 processors. This marvel of modern technology has been embedded with a remote control feature using UART (USB to RS232), showcasing my innovation and creativity in this field.

But now, a new challenge stands before me.

I want to use App Developer to create a bespoke software interface that will allow for seamless control from a Windows environment. I have crafted a simple program as a stepping stone towards this grand ambition, but I find myself at an impasse, unable to proceed further.

My conundrum? I have a program in the *.fcsx format - and the question I am grappling with is how to convert this into an executable .exe file. My progress is held in abeyance, awaiting the solution to this puzzle. My journey is incomplete and I seek your wisdom to help me illuminate the path forward.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: how to create an EXE file

Post by Steve-Matrix »

The *.fcsx file is a Flowcode App Developer Project file. This can be simulated within Flowcode using the 'Debug' menu.

To create a stand-alone App, you need to Deploy this file using the button by selecting 'File', then 'Export' and then "Deploy as Flowcode App'. This saves the file as a *.mscada file which can be run without loading Flowcode (although it does require the Flowcode App Developer Runtime).

Some more info is in the wiki. For example:
https://www.flowcode.co.uk/wiki/index.p ... Deployment

And there are some other posts on this forum, for example:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1654

Hopefully this will help you get started.