Web Developer browsers

Discuss PC Developer and Web Developer projects and features here.
chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 Web Developer browsers

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Successfully created Web Developer example-01 and saved to target and created the associated web page. This page ran fine on my W11 machine using Firefox and whatever the Microsoft browser is called today.

Emailed the .html file to myself and opened in other machines.

On my w8.1 machine it doesn't do anything when opened with Firefox, but is fine using Microsoft offering.
On a W10 it runs fine with FF and MS.

On an android it doesn't work when opened with the default browser. Need to explore file structure further so FF can see the file and attempt with it.

It's late on a Saturday so the above can wait until some other time but I was wondering if there are any known issues when opening the .html file in various browsers?

Regards

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: Web Developer browsers

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Firefox v115 is the latest version that runs on W8.1 and v123 is the latest running on W10 / 11. All instances of FF are identical in terms of settings / add-on etc.

The issue in using the Example in FF v115 relates to CORS, but although going through the help files I've not yet found out why (probably just too dumb).

CORS.JPG
CORS.JPG (45.23 KiB) Viewed 254 times

Using MS Edge it works fine in W8.1 though.

My phone runs android 13. It appears that the default for opening HTML files is HTML Viewer and this doesn't allow the Example to work. Although Firefox is the default, I couldn't find a way to open the file with anything other than the Viewer. "Open With" gave no options. Downloaded DuckDuckGo and Chrome and "Open With" then gave options for Viewer and Chrome. Using Chrome the file worked.

Regards

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I generally use Chrome when developing web apps with Flowcode. Microsoft Edge should also work fine as that shares a lot of common compatibility with Chrome.

When running other browsers, especially older or mobile-only versions, you may run into compatibility issues with the code and html in the deployed apps.

I'm surprised about the CORS issue in FF v115. Are you saying the same app works fine using another browser on the same device, but throws a CORS error if using FF on that same device?

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi Steve

Exactly that. On my W8.1 FF throws a CORS wobbly but Edge is fine.

On my android, not found a way to get FF to "see" the file yet, but Chrome does work.

Regards

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I've had a quick look and there are others experiencing similar issues. For example this one says it could be a certificate issue or an issue with a browser extension.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I tried disabling all extensions, didn't work, then compared my 115 settings to 123 and all my FF instances are set the same.

It's not going to be much of a issue for me, as Edge works. I might try with some other browsers just to see which if any are troublesome..

Regards

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Further info.

Firefox 115 on a W8.1 machine doesn't work due to CORS restrictions. Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome do work.

Firefox 123 on W10 / 11 does work as do Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

On a Samsung running android 13, Firefox, Chrome and DuckDuckGo do work, however default app Web Viewer does not. Depending on your chosen File Browser you may not get an option to open the HTML file with anything other than Web Viewer or Chrome. File Manager + available from the Play Store does give you all available options. I'm sure others do too.

On a WileyFox running androd 8, Firefox and Chrome both work fine.

I'll update when I try with other OSs etc.

Regards

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Really interesting info - thanks for doing that.

When I looked at compatibility, I found it generally ok in most situations. Rendering differences mean that some components may look slightly different on some browsers, but I did not find any functionality problems like you have. That said, you have tested more comprehensively (on this particular project) that I have. My compatibility tests tended to be on individual components rather than complete projects.

Given the differences in browser versions and the devices they run on, it is difficult to be fully comprehensive and test every component under every situation.

If any problems are identified with a specific component and a mainstream and up-to-date browser then Flowcode users should let us know on this forum and we will try to resolve the issues.