LCD Module flashing cursor

Use this section to discuss your embedded Flowcode projects.
canary_wharfe
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

LCD Module flashing cursor

Post by canary_wharfe »

I found the following info from way back on the forum like Flowcode v2 concerning flashing cursor in an LCD module.

How to add a flashing cursor to LCD module with Flowcode

1. Use a cursor position macro to set the position of where the cursor should be on the display.
2. Use a component macro to send the command 0x0F and the cursor will appear and flash at the required position.
3. Before the next display update you must disable the cursor. The reason behind this, is that writing data to the LCD hardware while the cursor remains visible, will produce a faint trace of the cursor moving on the display. If all you are doing is adding a character at the immediate cursor position, then this is not going to be seen. However if you are moving to other display positions, writing new data, and then sending the cursor back to it's previous display position, you will see a noticeable trace of the cursor flying across the display as it moves between each new position. To disable the cursor
4. Use a component macro to send the command 0x0C

BUT the question back then, was the flashing cursor working in the flowcode simulation. The answer was no.
I've just tried it in v8 and it's still not working under simulation. Can someone please confirm it still doesn't show in simulation. C'mon Matrix, how many years does it take to produce something so basic in your simulator?

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: LCD Module flashing cursor

Post by BenR »

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. To be honest it's not something that's really been requested and so it's just never been on our to do list.

I'll get it on the list for you ;)

canary_wharfe

Post by canary_wharfe »

Ok Ben. Many thanks for the feedback. It sort of was requested (judging by the old forum thread I found) but I guess somehow it got overlooked since the original thread all those years back. At least I now know that it isn't currently supported so I'm not wasting time thinking I've got my flowcode commands wrong. If you can get the 0x0F and 0x0C commands running with the common or garden 16 x 2 and 20 x 4 LCD modules under simulation it would be great and just makes the simulator closer to the hardware.

artan

Post by artan »

pershendetje
a mund te me dergoni nje shembull "blinking cursor"
flm

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Greetings how are you
can you send me an example "blinking cursor"
thank you
It would help if you could also include a Google translate of your request if the post you are replying to is not in your native language.

Do të ndihmonte nëse mund të përfshini edhe një përkthim në Google të kërkesës tuaj nëse postimi të cilit po i përgjigjeni nuk është në gjuhën tuaj amtare.

Regards