Multiple Arrays Problem

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
Ronnyvs
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Multiple Arrays Problem

Post by Ronnyvs »

Hi everybody,

hope someone could help me with variables with multiple array indexes...

i use variables with multiple array indexes, because sometimes its more easy to use it and the number of variables is significant less...

first of all, in simulation everything works fine and well, but after compiling on the hardware it fails. during compiling it gives no errors.

my knowledge of arrays is this:
var[10] means 10 variables var from var[0] to var[9]
when i use:
var[2][3] means var[0] has 4 possibilities, var[1] has 4 possibilities, var[2] has 4 possibilities, so a total of 12 possibilities.

Now (see pictures and test program) to show my problem:
float_string_display_test.png
float_string_display_test.png (174.93 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
Test_str[10][10][20]
Var_fl[10][10]
I made a floating variable with double index array and a string with double index array(string each 20 characters)
The 1st string (2 characters)is not displayed on the hardware (in the simulation works fine)
According to me, when I use a “floattoString” with 2 decimals from a single value it makes a string of 4 characters.
So, if I convert a value to string it will show on the hardware, if I write down a string between “” it won’t show it on the hardware…

float_string_display_test_1.jpg
float_string_display_test_1.jpg (80.32 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
Another “strange” thing..
When I make the first string 1 character for example “q”, it will also show on the hardware, but that could not be the solution… the last [20] means 20 characters long…
float_string_display_test.fcfx
(8.46 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Is there something I’m doing wrong or maybe a bug during compiling?
Hope someone could help me.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: Multiple Arrays Problem

Post by BenR »

Hello,
var[2][3] means var[0] has 4 possibilities, var[1] has 4 possibilities, var[2] has 4 possibilities, so a total of 12 possibilities.
I think instead here you have 3 possibilities for var[0] and a further 3 for var[1], 2*3 = a total of 6 possibilities.

Arrays in the flowcode sim will be accepting of going out of bounds but this will not be the case on the micro and you will be going into uninitialised memory, if your lucky ;)

Your program however looks ok so strange this isn't working.

It might be worth trying smaller array sizes your string array is currently 2000 bytes and your float array is 400 bytes. Might be worth going a fair bit smaller and seeing how you get on. Some 8-bit compilers have previously struggled with array sizes > 256 bytes.

The reported BSS size looks to be correct for the current array size so that looks to be working as expected.