ST7789 display

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
jandidden
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: ST7789 display

Post by jandidden »

Martin, with your 5.0 version install, which Python version are you using?
If not 3.7, how did you convince the install to use another (later) version?

I received this error:

Code: Select all

ERROR: C:\esp-idf-tools\python_env\idf5.0_py3.7_env\Scripts\python.exe doesn't support asyncio. The issue can be worked around by re-running idf.py with the "--no-hints" argument.
... but I do not know how to do the work-around. Where do I run that, from command.com I guess? In which directory should I be? Can't find idf.py.

Jan

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Fox for the issue posted here.
viewtopic.php?p=11294#p11294

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Post by mnfisher »

I've just done a fresh install of Flowcode and the esp32 toolset. I'm using a virtual machine - so onto a fresh windows 11 install.

1) Download FC and install (from Flowcode.co.uk)
2) Download Python (from https://www.python.org/downloads/) - I used the latest version (3.11.3)
3) Install Python - using defaults everywhere except - add Python to environment variables (last dialog) - which I 'ticked'
4) Install Git (https://gitforwindows.org/) Again latest version and install (all defaults)
5) Download and install esp32 tools (https://dl.espressif.com/dl/esp-idf/?idf=4.4) - I used the second box down (v5.0)
- again all default settings (installs to c:\espressif) (Probably should have used the 3rd box down - I've also installed ethe espressif IDE :-) )
6) Fire up FC (log in) - and create a new esp32 project (I have wroom-32) On build->customise->locations Set esp to C:\Espressif\frameworks\esp-idf-v5.0.1
7) Do a full update (Help-Library updates) (Lots of errors on compile if not done) Restart FC
8) Check program will compile. Success???

One possible 'hitch' - you might need to do Start-esp-idf0v5.0 cmd and then type install enter. (Step 5.5)

Martin

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

Thanks Martin, I shall set aside a fresh day to go through that.
Hopefully later this week.

Still bothers me that it all worked dandy until the FC9 update.
You probably use FC10. Maybe I should migrate also, but fear of other things breaking kept me from it so far.
Thanks for your help.

Jan

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Post by mnfisher »

That is with v10 - it went remarkably smoothly apart from the 20GB windows download - which took hours.
Probably pick v4 from the espressif site for v9. I don't know if Ben has rolled the changes for v5 across other versions of flowcode..

Martin

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

In the pre-install dialog for the ESP IDE, there's a line 'use embedded Python' and 'use embedded GIT'.
What does that mean? Is Python and GIT embedded in the ESP IDE download?

Jan

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Post by mnfisher »

Possibly? I left everything as default (except one setting for the Python install) - and the esp tools seem to use the Python 3.11....

Martin

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

I went through an all clean install except for W10.

Whatever I try, it always fails when trying to build the bootloader. What does that say?

(I also saw a bunch of warnings that certain functions are deprecated and that newer should be used.
Should that not be cleaned up in the scripts?).

Code: Select all

idf.py build
[1/10] Performing build step for 'bootloader'
[1/1] cmd.exe /C "cd /D C:\Users\jandi\wroom\build\bootloader\esp-idf\esptool_py && C:\Espressif\python_env\idf5.0_py3.11_env\Scripts\python.exe C:/esp-idf/components/partition_table/check_sizes.py --offset 0x8000 bootloader 0x1000 C:/Users/jandi/wroom/build/bootloader/bootloader.bin"
Bootloader binary size 0x6710 bytes. 0x8f0 bytes (8%) free.
[2/8] Building C object esp-idf/main/CMakeFiles/__idf_main.dir/esp-project.c.obj
FAILED: esp-idf/main/CMakeFiles/__idf_main.dir/esp-project.c.obj 
ccache C:\Espressif\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf\esp-2022r1-11.2.0\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -include/private -IC:/esp--IC:/esp-esp32 
Jan

mnfisher
Valued Contributor

Post by mnfisher »

Hi Jan,

Looks like the bootloader built okay (size 0x6710).
Is this an existing FC program or a new one? If it's an existing one - try firing up an esp cmd line (start - esp-idf 4.1 cmd or start esp-idf v5.0 cmd) then cd to your project directory (if the project is called c:\test\fred.fcfx - then you will need
cd c:\test\fred
)
Then do
idf.py fullclean
Then try recompiling (or
idf.py build
from the cmd prompt)

The functions that are deprecated are used by the FC libraries - and will hopefully be updated ?

Martin

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

Same problem Martin:
failed.PNG
failed.PNG (31.34 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
BTW Those deprecated functions are actually header files, my mistake.

Jan