4D Displays - Basics

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
jay_dee
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

4D Displays - Basics

Post by jay_dee »

Hi,
I'm hoping to tackle the display requirments for a customer project and I've been meaning to do more with the 4D displays.

In Early FC examples by Jon Crow..the graphic widgets were setup in 4D software and loaded to the screen. Commands were then sent/recieved from the PIC. Visually complex widgets in $DC designer are easily dragged and dropped into the display.

Q; In Jon's example FC commands like 'VisiRecieve' and 'VisiReadByteFromMessage' ... is there an equivalent command in the New 4D components?

I've just looked at the later 4D components in current FC. These seem to be more of a drawing package, building the graphics from PIC commands.
Q: Does the 4D display need to be in a specific Mode (Serial?) or a config file loading on its SD card to work with these FC component macros? or just spit them out of the UART into the Displal RX,TX.
Q: are there big differences between the V1 and V2 4D component versions ?

Thanks, J.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: 4D Displays - Basics

Post by BenR »

Hello,

The 4D displays work in two ways.

1) They work like a normal GLCD where you draw the various aspects to the screen and deal with everything from the embedded side
2) They are loaded with the VISI software complete with a graphical layouts etc and then you use the VISI component to communicate with the graphics.

It sounds like you are maybe interested in exploring option 2 in which case it's probably worth looking at the 4D software and the VISI component.

Also available are Nextion displays which work in a similar way to 4D option 2 and we also have a component to drive these.

Components are located here.

Comms -> Comms System -> VISI
Displays -> Graphical Colour -> Nextion Display

jay_dee

Re: 4D Displays - Basics

Post by jay_dee »

Great, Thanks Ben.
I've managed to get both methods working in a basic fashion.
Where I have previously used my display, to make the screen work as a basic GLCD I needed to load the Screen with the (serial) PSE program from the 4D software.
Thanks, J.