Flowcode 9 and 10 30 day trial

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
uart
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode 9 and 10 30 day trial

Post by uart »

I downloaded V9 on Wednesday 25th 2023 and installed it with the pack for ESP32 as well as registered.

I then saw V10's release on the 26th January 2023 and downloaded that, when I want to compile the code to C, or Target or anything its says :
/*
You do not have a valid licence to perform this action
*/

The paths are set up correctly and everything for ESP toolkit.

However if I do the build it in V9 it works.

There is no option for 30 day unlock on either of the Licencing options in my V9 or V10.

How can I cancel the V9 login details and port them over to V10 as I would like to start with V10 rather than V9.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode 9 and 10 30 day trial

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Unlike v9, Flowcode v10 does not have a trial licence. The standard (free) licence includes all component packs and should be sufficient for users to trial v10 and decide if it is suitable for their needs.

The ESP and ESP32_WROOM_32 targets are also included for free in the standard licence.

Your login details for v9 and v10 should be the same.

If you are still experiencing issues can you please post your FCFX project file as well as the MSG.TXT and C files that are produced when you try to compile and we will investigate.

uart

Post by uart »

Hi there, my login works fine on either V9 or V10, no problems.

I took the simplest project I could by creating a new project with simply "begin" and "End" in it. I f I compile to C in V9 alls good. The C code including the includes and all it there. All Great.

If I do exactly the same procedure in V10 it says the compile is successful but the C code is what I mentioned earlier is the following is in the C file:

/*
*/

Now if I take the exact same project Compiled in V9, (which is fine), and compile to C in V10, the licence issue is in the C code.

If I open the exact same project in V9 that was created in V10, it gives me a warning about the version being in a later one and it may not work correctly, I continue and compile to C in V9 with V10 project, the code compiles fine and is all in the C file.

How do I attach the files?
Attachments
TestUartFlowcode1.fcfx
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
TestUartFlowcode1.c
(64 Bytes) Downloaded 36 times

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

uart wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:05 pm
When compiling, this message is displayed if you do not have a licence for that target device and you need to buy the appropriate chip pack.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,

Under the Build -> Project options menu change your target to the ESP32 or the ESP32 WROOM 32 and the program should the compile correctly.

We are investigating adding new ESP devices and these will require the ESP chip pack and so not all of the ESP32 devices are available for free now.

uart

Post by uart »

Hi there, thank you very much, that solved the problem, I can at least use the others for now.