Using C code generated in FlowCode in other IDE's

For general Flowcode discussion that does not belong in the other sections.
OderlandoAbril
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Using C code generated in FlowCode in other IDE's

Post by OderlandoAbril »

Hello. I would like to give my thanks to FlowCode 10 with open source and several free microcontrollers.
I was thinking about creating flowchart codes in flowcode to be able to generate a C code. So, I was questioning whether it would be too much work to use this generated C Code to adapt it in ST Visual Develop and make an STM8S work, because the flowcode does not has support for it. So, in your opinion, would it be a lot of work to do this?

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: Using C code generated in FlowCode in other IDE's

Post by BenR »

Hello,

Yes it should be possible, You would be essentially writing parts of the CAL (chip abstraction layer) for the STM8 microcontroller. If you are familiar with C then you can look at the existing CAL codes here for reference. You would only need to create the functions that you require, for example I/O and maybe ADC, I2C, SPI etc.

C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV10\CAL

Once you've done that it should be fairly easy to create a FCD (Flowcode chip definition) that would provide the pin and peripheral layout you require. You can look at the current FCD files using a text editor to see the syntax and allow you to copy and create your own.

C:\ProgramData\MatrixTSL\FlowcodeV10\FCD

Let u sknow how you're getting on.

OderlandoAbril

Re: Using C code generated in FlowCode in other IDE's

Post by OderlandoAbril »

Thank you very much for your clarifications, Ben. They are of great help to me !