Project options

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
SpeedPIC32
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Project options

Post by SpeedPIC32 »

Hello Ben I have an idea
How about saving a good running configuration in the project options. One click and all settings would be perfect again. You could also pass this setting on to whoever you want.

Thank you very much, I hope this will be implemented.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: Project options

Post by BenR »

Hello,

Yes that's a great idea many thanks for sharing, I'll pass it onto Steve.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: Project options

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Yes - good idea and I'll look into this (possibly for v10). I'm a bit wary of making the UI more complicated, so if I implement this it might be with a single "import project settings" button that imports from an existing project.

Another suggestion which you can do now, is to save a blank project with some 'good' configuration options and then copy this into the "data\templates" folder of Flowcode. Your new blank project will now become a template that can be used to create new projects with these 'good' settings.

And, for advanced users, the .fcfx project file is a text file that can be edited in a text editor. The config data is stored near the top of the file and this could possibly be copied and pasted into another project file before it is opened in Flowcode. But remember, if you do this then always make a backup of your project file just in case something goes wrong!