Increase number of SSID reported by scan-for-SSID in ESP32

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: Increase number of SSID reported by scan-for-SSID in ESP32

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi Jan

If you follow the link in Benj's post above, he provides a chart to do this.

Regards

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

BenR wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:53 pm
kersing wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:36 pm
Could it be a configurable parameter for the component?
Yes good idea. I'll make that change now in v10.
Hi Ben, thanks for that. Just updated the component, and I see the setting in the component property.
But I have something that doesn't seem right.
The MAX_SCANSIZE does indeed set the max number of SSIDs that is returned in the SSID table, but the numer of SSID reported still gives the total number of SSIDs present.
For instance, setting it to 12 in the component property, the reported list contains 12 valid SSIDs, but the number_of_SSID reported is still the full number of SSID, in my case varying from 19 to 23.
So, when I use the number of SSIDs as index to display the list, I get 12 valid SSIDs and the rest is gibberish of what happens to be in those mem locs after the 12 names.
I do display the number of SSID returned and indeed I see 22 (or whatever is present at the time).

I am attaching the routine I use.

Can you please take a look at this?

Edit: I could use the lesser of the reported # of SSIDs and the MAX_SCAN_SIZE to list the SSIDs.
In that case I need to manually keep the MAX_SCAN_SIZE in the source and in the component properties synchronized, which is a potential source of error, but doable. I guess I can't adjust MAX_SCAN_SIZE at run time.

Jan
Attachments
ssid check.PNG
ssid check.PNG (60.5 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

BTW Did you change the component macro for the FT6X06 recently? I updated the components and now all my scalings are off ...
What does 'link to' setting in the FT6X06 component do exactly? It looks like it copies the X- and Y ranges from the display, but it does not take account of the rotation of the display. I think.

Jan

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi Jan,

The link to property allows the resolution of the display to be copied and allows the display to simulate touch presses (mouse clicks). There is also a property I beleive to set the simulated physical orientation and a macro to set the software orientation.

I'll change the wifi scan count so if the number of AP found is greater then the max then the max will be returned.

jandidden

Post by jandidden »

Hi Ben, I solved the divergence between the max # of APs seen and the max # reported by only listing the lesser of the two.
Maybe it is wise to leave the differences as they are so that you know that there are more APs than those you see listed.
If you are looking for a specific AP that you don't see reported, this knowledge may be useful.
It looks like APs are reported in order of signal strength, is that correct?

I solved the discrepance in orientation between the display and the touch screen by flipping X and Y on the touch screen.
Copying the resolution from display to touch screen is very useful, saves a conversion calculation.

Jan