MCP 23017 Attachments

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
PAAbbott
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

MCP 23017 Attachments

Post by PAAbbott »

I would like to attache switches and LEDs to the inputs and outputs of this GPIO ex pander.

Is it possible it will be really cool then I can simulate my program inter actions better.

or Am I missing the how to do it on this component section

kind regards

Andre

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: MCP 23017 Attachments

Post by BenR »

Hello Andre,

This feature has been discussed at length here and we even started work on it to be included in v9. Unfortunatley the member of the team working on it ended up leaving the company and so the feature got dropped from the v9 specification.

It is certainly still on our list for the future but currently there is no way to connect a component pin to an output expander pin.

PAAbbott

Re: MCP 23017 Attachments

Post by PAAbbott »

Good day Ben

Thank you for your response.

That is truly Unfortunate :cry: because it would have truly made a big differences in my case as all my switch in puts and LEDs are connected to it as means of buffering and freeing up pins

I take it there is no work around as well currently.

When you say that it is still on the list does that mean that in the future a component/v9 update may open up the ability to do it
or is the work in involved to the extend that we will only see it in v10 one day

kind regards

Andre