NEXTION DISPLAY FOR FLOWCODE 9 ........PLEASE....

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
solozerouno
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

NEXTION DISPLAY FOR FLOWCODE 9 ........PLEASE....

Post by solozerouno »

I would like to integrate nextion displays that now have unquestionable advantages with Arduino
( all of them ), ESP 32 wroom and Raspberry.
Please I really need it for a project of mine that is stuck with Flocode 9.
Thank you very much.
Solozerouno.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: NEXTION DISPLAY FOR FLOWCODE 9 ........PLEASE....

Post by BenR »

Hello,

I have a Nextion display sat next to me on my desk that I've been toying with writing a component for. What sort of things would you need the display to be able to do?

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

I was thinking to use it with all its graphic power and management with only 2 pins creating like other graphic displays, writings, figures, buttons but the most important thing for me would be very useful and use its touchscreen, its large memory and then loaded the program would make the display independent from Arduino that would wait free from the management of the display to do other things, then maybe you activate only if you press a button for example and activate an interrupt to manage the event .
thanks a lot.
solozerouno

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

Please can you help me with this particular problem?
thank you very much .
solozerouno.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,

I'll try and have a look for you this week and see what's possible.

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

thanks a lot!!!!
solozerouno.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,

I've now had a go at a component and pushed it to the update system.

I've added some of the more core functionality such as being able to set/get text and values and things like setting the page, the colour of the background and the colour of the font which should allow you to do most things.

I've also added a queue system for touch events so any touch events will automatically enter this queue system and be pulled out as and when your program is ready to do so.

The component will work in simulation and App Developer to drive the real world hardware either directly via a COM port or indirectly via a API slave. However there is no panel simulation as I can't really do this without integration with the Nextion Builder software.

You need to design the pages and layout of the display using the nextion editor software and download this to the display and then the Flowcode component can then be used to interact with the elements of the display.

If you have a go then let us know how you get on and if you would like any additional functionality.

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

Sorry do you have a chance to show me a video or flow about display management or read and write events on the display......
I think an example would help many FLC9 users....
thank you very much .
solozerouno

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

I don't really understand the concept of program simulation and the final program....
If I for example with the nextion editor create a button and a touch as event to the pressure of the button on the display , what would arrive to FLC9 ? If I use the GetTouchEvent function of FLC9 is it valid only for the simulation or is it usable in my project? If the event button is pressed on the display what comes on the uart of my arduini ? What value?
Thanks solozerouno.

solozerouno

Post by solozerouno »

You were asking me about additional features; is it possible in emulation to create a button that returns a variable if pressed with a simulated touch event? And if I create a button with the component builder nexion what does my Arduino see on the com port, and how do I manage this in FLC9 and with my FLC9 program?
thanks solozerouno.