Wrong delay when use "delay ms" ESP32

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
jgu1
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: Wrong delay when use "delay ms" ESP32

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!
I have played with the new update ILI9341 for ESP.

Ili9341 is incredibly fast now, I have not seen anything like it, amazing. I've been trying to change background for diffrent colors all the time in a loop, update after delete for change color, just a blink now, lightning fast pleasure to watch. Hopefully no bad influence for other device :lol:

Could it be updated for Arduino as well???

Again thank you very much.

Br Jorgen.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi Jorgen,

The latest component should also run on an Arduino but the SPI won't run anywhere near as fast. However yes it should still be faster then it was previously using a hardware SPI channel.

Glad it's working well for you. Are you also running at 30MHz SPI or did you manage to squeeze any more out of it. It might be nice to provide more SPI rates between 30MHZ (working) and 40MHZ (not working). These speeds were for me anyway with dupont cables between ESP and the display.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

Ok with the Arduino. I have not done a test with SPI on this yet.

The max. speed for me is also 30mHz. Fine. 40mHz it stop when init. I can only recomend other who play with the Ili9341 to test with ESP32, full speed :D

I am starting a project with ESP32 + Ili9341 and a GPS but as you have probably seen Leigh is helping me with the issue I have with GPS module, so when this is solved (or Leigh see what I have done wrong , strange :lol: ) I look really forward to go on with my project.

Br Jorgen