PIC24FV16KA302 Ext Interrupts

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
canary_wharfe
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Re: PIC24FV16KA302 Ext Interrupts

Post by canary_wharfe »

Hello Ben

The project file is just something I quickly put together for you as you asked me for a working example of the error. The mystery has just widened further because when I loaded your 'fix' file into my Flowcode neither of the LEDs light up now meaning neither of the interrupts are simulating whereas before at least one of the interrupts worked. Are you saying both LEDs switch ok on your system? My OS is Windows 8 in case it helps.

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Yes both working for me from the file I uploaded, are you sure you're not just hitting one of the breakpoints, caught me out too at first ;)

Here's the project without breakpoints.
24FV16KA302_Fix.fcfx
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

canary_wharfe

Post by canary_wharfe »

Ben

Yes, you're right. It was the damned break points. The files work with the break point cleared.

So based on your earlier comment "corruption of the project file surrounding the INT pin mask, we are investigating the reason. For now we should be able to solve the problem by hand and allow the interrupts to work" did you apply some behind the scenes coding then?

Can you provide more info on what exactly is happening re. this corruption of the project file? Is it something that can be fixed or is it specifically related to the selected component(chip)?
Thanks for the support Ben. I'll take a look at the topic suggested above and see if I can learn anything from that.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

Regarding the INT pin mask corruption, there is a small issue in v9.3 where the INT pin fails to trigger the interrupt in simulation. This does not affect the use of INT on the embedded device itself.

It can be easily fixed with a simple edit to the Flowcode project file (*.FCFX). If you or anyone suspects their project suffers from this bug, please post it here (or PM if you prefer) and we can manually edit the file to fix it.

canary_wharfe

Post by canary_wharfe »

Steve,

Is this an edit we can easily do to the file ourselves or is it more complicated requiring something like a hex editor?

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

It can be done in a text editor, but please make sure you make a copy of the original file in case something goes wrong.

With the files previously attached to this thread, it is line number 138 that has the issue. In the 'original file that didn't simulate correctly, that line looked like this:

Code: Select all

<settings timer='0' prescale='-1' postscale='-1' rollover='-1' bitcount='-1' trigger='1' maskhi='AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' masklo='AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' >
In the corrected file it is this:

Code: Select all

<settings timer='0' prescale='-1' postscale='-1' rollover='-1' bitcount='-1' trigger='1' maskhi='--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------8' masklo='--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------8' >

canary_wharfe

Post by canary_wharfe »

Thanks Steve. I have an advanced type of ASCII test editor that can copy and paste the relevant correction line in its entirety and maintain the correct line spacing within the file.

Is there any chance of a final bug fix release 9.3x/9.4 of Flowcode 9 before the new Flowcode 10 is released? I understand resources are limited but it would sort of be a great benefit to see Flowcode 9 finish with an outgoing 'finale'.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I can't be certain if we will release an update to v9. There are only a handful of minor issues that I am aware of in the current v9.3 executable and releasing a new version requires more effort than you'd expect.

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

The is a new release of Flowcode that addresses this issue. Please see this post for details:

viewtopic.php?p=8748#p8748

canary_wharfe

Post by canary_wharfe »

Thanks for doing this Steve. That is really appreciated. Have installed and updated my system and can indeed confirm the interrupt simulation is working as intended.