After update!

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
jgu1
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 After update!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi!

I have worked on a project for a while with an Ili9488 and an ESP 32, before Ben has made the Highspeed 80 mhz prescaler. The display has been fairly fast with the pin config I use in this project, up to 30 mhz working ok.

Now I have program the device again, not change anything, but now the display is suddently extremly slow :cry:

I have a backup backup try to program this also, same.

I started the project in FC9 and continue in FC10 all work until now. I try to program with FC9 (older) then it is fast.

Just like prescaler is on 6mhz.
please could this be fixed back again??

A project I have had a pcb manufactured for and spent many hours on this project, so not easy to change to the highspeed SPI

Jorgen
Attachments
NewSun.fcfx
(180.95 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

WingNut

Re: After update!

Post by WingNut »

To be honest I've noticed the same with a Pic16f18877 project that i've been working on. Timing seems to be way off at 32Mhz. approx 4 seconds on a 1 second delay

Edit - sorry i should have said 'in hardware'

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi Wingnut

Four seconds on a one second delay sounds a bit PLL related. Is/Isn't 4xPLL enabled when it should / shouldn't?

I'd have a look at those as it's very easy to overlook in the configs.

Regards

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi again!

@wingnut I don´t know what happen with your project and your device, but mine is for ESP32 dev and the ILI displays.

Trying to investergate to get my old project to run again. I have perform some test The Ili9488 ESP32 SPI High Speed Modes is also slow.

The Ili 9341 and the ST7796 working still inESP32 SPI High Speed Modes, but slow if i not use high speed they are very slow.

Concerning my project which file do I have to roll back so I at least can try to finish my project, is it file for the display or the Esp32, please?

Jorgen

WingNut

Post by WingNut »

It appears that the options had changed to external oscillator. Strange as i've been working on this for a while .. but its corrected

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi Jorgen,

The display component has new properties specific to the esp32. Make sure the fast pixels property is set to yes and give a generous buffer size. Maybe 40 or 80. Hopefully the display will be much faster than it was before.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben.

Many thanks for the info and fast reply, I didn't know that, but yes, I'm back again and it works as it should. Lovely.
Continue to have a nice weekend. :D

Br Jorgen