After update!

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
jgu1
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 After update!

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Team!

I have a project with ESP32 and a ILI9488, today I want to change somethingin the program and as always, before change something I try to compile to see everything is ok.

Today same procedure, but now the ILI9488 doesn´t work anymore? Then I begin to investergate. Let me say the "the new Sun" project is a project before the highspeed SPI which Ben made. It work before but now blank screen?

Then I made a test with the SPI higspeed, ILI9488 extrem slowly.

I have some testprogram with highspeed SPI up to 80 mHz with Ili9341 and the ST7796 they work perfect.

please help me to save my project, spent many hours.

Br Jorgen
Attachments
NewSun.fcfx
(189.33 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
StandardIli9488Firs.fcfx
(30.23 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: After update!

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi Jorgen

I don't have an ILI9488 to test with. If it worked OK before an update have you tried rolling back a version to see if that makes any difference?

This post illustrates how.

viewtopic.php?p=12259#p12259

Regards

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Chipfryer!

Thank´s for care.

Already tested and roll back to some of the first version,no luck :(

This is a project I started in FC9 and continued in FC10 and have worked nice in FC10 also for long time, but suddently now not, and there have been some update since I used it last time.

I have also an another testboard as I use for testing the Highspeed SPI viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1851 The display work but etremly slow.

The project in FC9 is "old". But when I open the project in FC9 it work?

I have not changed anything on HW or SW. Hope the team can fix I have spend many hours on the project.

Jorgen

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Just a shot in the dark really, but I've read in other posts that when opening a previous file certain pins/settings changed back to default. Are all yours still good?

Regards

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Yes, the pin connection are checked many many times ;) I have now done almost all, spend many hours today for troubleshooting and make sure I haven't done anything wrong. I'm pretty sure there is a bug for ILI9488.

Hopefully Ben/team have time for tjeck tomorrow

Jorgen

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Progress!

As I mentioned, for the sake of my project I need to get this display to work, very importen for me so therefor I fight a bit more.

I have made som more investigations, If I rollback on ESP as shown on the picture, the display work again ;) Not sure if it was nessesary with ADC and I2C?

But the highspeed connection from here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1851 it work, but very slowly.

After closing down, I have to reconnect a pin, is not saving.

Hope this can help for troubleshooting? :)

Br Jorgen
Attachments
ESP_SPI_ROLL back.png
ESP_SPI_ROLL back.png (12.18 KiB) Viewed 949 times

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hello,

A recent change I made to the ESP_CAL_SPI file is that it was always using SPI mode 0. Now it should do what the component sets it to in terms of clock phase and polarity. This means that some modes may not be compatible with others.

It's interesting that the display isn't working. I've got some of those here so I'll give them a go and see if it's a problem in the component or not. Do you have multiple components connected to the SPI and which do you initialise first as this will set the mode for all the other components using the same SPI channel.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

Thank´s for fast reply :)

To avoid confusion, here are two ways to use SPI for the ILI9488

Yes I have 2 SPI unit connected to my "new sun" program, one for the XPT2046 and one for the ILI9488 display, but on different pin. The program and HW is made before you made the highspeed SPI therefor I didn´t use the highspeed pin in my project, and it have always worked. One more update, The "sun project" work it as it should when I roll ESP SPI back to 7 from 8
Newsun is slowspeed
StandardIli9488Firs is the Highspeed mode.

I have tested ILI9341 Working in Highspeed, and ILI7796 also work.

on my other testboard for Highspeed for ILI9488 work but is very slow? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1851

Hope it make sense

Br Jorgen
Attachments
StandardIli9488Firs.fcfx
(30.23 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
NewSun.fcfx
(189.33 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

BenR
Matrix Staff

Post by BenR »

Hi Jorgen,

The slow display could be down to using the Software SPI channel, make sure you have a hardware channel selected. There was another problem to do with software SPI/I2C?UART channel pins being corrupted after a project reload which I have hopefully now solved.

jgu1

Post by jgu1 »

Hi Ben!

Sorry, but doesn´t work, not help.

First I test Sun project, it work but is very very slow now? Pin connection after reload seemed to work now.

The highspeed is still slow too, if I change to CH1 or 2 it doesn´t work have to be in Software?

Higspeed for the ST7796 does now also not work anymore? And it does not help to rolle back the ESP. SPI.

Is it not possible to roll back, all the display´s work perfect before core update?

Honestly and sadly Ben, my patience is begining wearing thin with FC and I begining to feel it´s not reliable and safe. I think I spend too much time looking for errors where FC suddenly doesn't work. At first it works, the next time I update it doesn't work again and I have to struggle and use many hours with troubleshooting.

Jorgen