Unexpected changes to FC10 source project on re-opening

Any bugs you encounter with Flowcode should be discussed here.
Brendan
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 Unexpected changes to FC10 source project on re-opening

Post by Brendan »

I'm working on a sizeable project with six UART ports, with much time expended to check and prove configurations (etc) without conflicts.

However, in addition to the six hardware UARTs, I've added a 7th software 'UART' (Tx only) to drive a Parallax LCD display.

A few times now I've re-opened and re-built the Hex, but threw up an issue with the LCD display and conflicts with one of the hardware ports.

Investigations revealed that the nominated software UART Tx port pin of the LCD (C13 in my case) reverts to A2 every time I re-open the project, so I have to manually reinstate the port setting every time after opening, before compiling the image.

Many thanks,
Brendan

BenR
Matrix Staff

Re: Unexpected changes to FC10 source project on re-opening

Post by BenR »

Hi Brendan,

Is this still the case after applying the latest library updates. We have just tacked a bug like this for SPI and rolled the fix out to everything potentially effected, SPI, I2C, UART. If the updates doesn't solve the problem then please can you attach a simple project that shows the problem and we will investigate.

Brendan

Re: Unexpected changes to FC10 source project on re-opening

Post by Brendan »

Hi Ben.

Many thanks for the heads-up.

I've just updated the affected work laptop (3 component updates) and very happy to confirm that the project now preserves the software UART configuration after closure and re-opening :)

Best regards,
Brendan