Worked examples for Serial, HTTP and MQTT

Discuss PC Developer and Web Developer projects and features here.
Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl

Flowcode v10 Worked examples for Serial, HTTP and MQTT

Post by Steve-Matrix »

We have created 3 worked examples that use Flowcode Embedded and App Developer to create hybrid projects that show the basics of communicating between embedded devices, PCs and web browsers.

These can be found on the Sample Projects page of the Flowcode website in addition to a number of other sample apps that showcase the use of PC Developer and Web Developer. Full projects and documentation are available on that page.

For convenience, here are direct links to the documents for each worked example:

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Re: Worked examples for Serial, HTTP and MQTT

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi Steve

Only now with a new laptop running W11 can I "play" with the Web Developer and your first example is what I was going to do straight away :) Well once I finish setting it up the way I want.

Eager to try but work keeping me away. I'll let you know how I get on though.

Regards

daddytims_tims

Re: App Developer Examples Component Macro Missing

Post by daddytims_tims »

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if the PROJECTS HAVE BEEN UPDATED NOW, I was working on one of these examples. But somethings are missing and other issues,
I remember I wanted to do a 2way communication, I had made some head way despite the challenges I face an then I came to a standstill. I never get the chance to try it back,

In the APP DEVELOPER PROJECTS. seems as if it's in the other projects as well.
>>>>>The NETWORK COMMS is on the 2panel, but it's has not been Initialized in the Program,
without it, it won't connect to my esp32.
I SITE THAT AND I FIXED IT.

The next thing I don't if anyone get it connected. But mine is not connecting to my E blocks 2.
>>>>>The decision Box that name ""Connection successful?"
with this variable . success

I have to REMOVE that part out of my program in order for me to Connect to my EBlock2.
I don't know why, mine didn't work. with that part in it.

Can ANYONE HELP solved these minor Erros, I am having please and thanks?

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I'm hoping to try these at the weekend. I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Created a chart based on example. When simulating the esp32 component wouldn't allow connection, but if I changed so the Network component provided connection I could connect.

Didn't get any further as I had to leave.

Regards

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hello.
What is the name of the projects that don't work for you due to errors and we will investigate to see what's going on.
Martin

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Re: App Developer Examples Component Macro Missing

Post by Steve-Matrix »

daddytims_tims wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:48 am
Can ANYONE HELP solved these minor Erros, I am having please and thanks?
Which specific project are you having issues with?

I have just tried the 3rd embedded project (EmbeddedProject-03) in the "HTTP Comms Worked Example - Web Developer" ZIP file, making the following changes first:
  • Set my Wi-Fi SSID and Key in the appropriate icon
  • Set the correct Programmer Port in the Project Options window
I used "Compile to Target" to send to the ESP32 board (I am using the BL0058 E-Block), and after then resetting the board an LED on A3 started flashing. So the program has gone in ok.

Next I took the equivalent Web Developer project (WebProject-03) and made the following change:
  • Enter the IP address of my ESP on my network into the URL property of the Fetch component
Next, clicked "Create we page" in the Build menu to create the web app and then opened it (either in "View web page" or in an external browser). The app buttons correctly changed the LED state and also read back the ADC value.

So this particular project is confirmed to be working.

Note that this forum topic specifically refers to the 3 recent "worked example" files on that page and should all be working ok, but all the others have been checked and should also work fine. Also remember your programs will need to be customised to work on your network and/or with an appropriate COM port.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

For me, it was the very first example. Just a quick play before leaving this morning. When simulating, browser couldn't connect using the 32 but could just using Network Component (both used correct comms).

Maybe an issue with the 32 simulation?

I'm hoping to get to play this weekend so will update.

Regards

Steve-Matrix
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve-Matrix »

I've just tried the "vote" sample and the ESP32 project works fine. Again, I had to enter my Wi-Fi details and the correct COM port. The initial question is read from memory and was garbage, but I could reset it using the web app.

I also tried the simulation web app (which interacts with 'pretend' h/w on our server) and that was fine too.

I've never actually tried simulating the ESP32 project itself and so that may not be set up correctly. But compiling and downloading it seems fine.

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I've never simulated the esp32 comms before either (but have with the RPi) and have successfully used 32's in projects, so I'm not really expecting much trouble with HW.

I'll update over the weekend.

Regards