ESp32 SD-Card Reader with USB BLE or WIFI

Post here to discuss any new features, components, chips, etc, that you would like to see in Flowcode.
Post Reply
stefan.erni
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1290
http://meble-kuchenne.info.pl
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:53 am
Has thanked: 246 times
Been thanked: 257 times

ESp32 SD-Card Reader with USB BLE or WIFI

Post by stefan.erni »

Hi Ben

The ESP32 and SD cards work very well and very reliably with Flowcode11.
Recordings run for hours without any problems.
USB and BLE works also perfect (I haven't tested Wi-Fi enough yet).
Until now, I’ve always had to remove the SD card from the device and insert it into a card reader.
But that's not ideal for my device.

Question: How can I easily read the card via USB, BLE, or Wi-Fi?

The best option would be USB software such as aUSB card reader

BenR
Matrix Staff
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:06 am
Has thanked: 642 times
Been thanked: 850 times

Re: ESp32 SD-Card Reader with USB BLE or WIFI

Post by BenR »

It might be possible to have a mass storage USB profile which would make plugging the ESP into USB appear like a USB thumb drive. I'll investigate this for you. Wifi could also be an option. Not sure about Bluetooth, my experience of file transfer over Bluetooth hasn't been great but things could be much better now.

Edit: quick look and yes there is a mass storage class example I can work from. Let me know if you want me to pursue this.
Regards Ben Rowland - MatrixTSL
Flowcode Product Page - Flowcode Help Wiki - My YouTube Channel

Post Reply